Brakes again...sorry!!!

All aspects of tuning,modification and repairs to the BX 16valve.
NZ16v
3000 rpm

Brakes again...sorry!!!

Post by NZ16v »

So i know the Xantia V6 and wagon discs and calipers fit, but i have looked up and it SEEMS that XM ones have the same pad description and disc size...the reason i am doin this is because all these cars are rare over here, and am will to take what i can!!!Missed out on a V6 wrecking, but he wanted 90bucks a caliper-like 30 squid PER USED CALIPER!!! I said no thanks.

Also, have acquired a Colin Satchell quad throttle set up with Lotus bodies. Its yum. Stay tuned.Aiming build to finish around christmas......2020.
Would rather be driving ONE 16v,than fixng TWO.
mechuccio
3000 rpm

Post by mechuccio »

If you are willing to find out what the costs would be to send a set from the Netherlands to New Zealand maybe we can work something out.
I've got a complete set of calipers front and rear including good pads laying around. I've wanted to install them on my valver but I'm just too damn lazy :lol:
Anyway there are so many Xantia's at the scrappy I'd easily get a new set should I ever grow over my lazyness.

They're from a 1.6 model and it had run about 180.000KM's when I took em off. They had cost me 25 Euro's in total so If you pay me that and the shippingcosts I'd be happy to send them over to you.
You can't spell slaughter without laughter ->I just love my 16V<-
Jezziebx16v

Post by Jezziebx16v »

Are the Xm's 5 studs though, just a thought :?:
Past 16v's: 89 Ph1 Black, 90 Ph2 Grey, 89 Ph2 Black, 91 Ph2 Grey, 91 Ph2 Black.

Now. 94 Datsun Silvia S14 rice rocket, 85 Peugeot 505 Turbo, 77 Ford Capri.
NZ16v
3000 rpm

Post by NZ16v »

AH-HAAAA...5X 108.Cheers for the heads up Jezzie. Will refine my search!!!
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

What size are the hubs? I've considered swapping to 5 stud before and i suspect that the hubs can be swapped over allowing carriage of the 5 stud wheels.
NZ16v
3000 rpm

Post by NZ16v »

They're from a 1.6 model and it had run about 180.000KM's when I took em off. They had cost me 25 Euro's in total so If you pay me that and the shipping costs I'd be happy to send them over to you.[/quote]

Hey vanny, thanks for the offer, but i am really after the bigger V6 ones if i can get hold of them. And from past experience, shipping will be unbelievable-i bought a gti6 manifold for 30quid on ebay, and it cost 100 to get it here!!!!!!
mechuccio
3000 rpm

Post by mechuccio »

hahaha Vanny aint exactly Dutch I suppose.

However, I can look around some scrappys over here, I was looking for some BX parts and found several Xantia's there.
No V6es though.
But should I find one I'll take em off anyway.
Costs wouldn't be too high.
I'll let you know if I find anything!
NZ16v
3000 rpm

Post by NZ16v »

D'oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My bad mechuccio!Sorry, you both drive red P2s!!Your 6 speed is inspiring, if only they werent so expensive over here-like $1600 expensive!For a 2nd hand gearbox!!
mechuccio
3000 rpm

Post by mechuccio »

Thanks, it is a good upgrade indeed!
but $1600,- is rediculous. They're not cheap at all but that's about twice what I payed for it.

About the calipers, are the V6 models very different to the rest of the models or do the TCT versions maybe have the same calipers? that would definitely make the search a bit more easy. I'm not sure when I'm going to go to the scrappy again but since all the work I have to do on several cars this summer it would be soon enough. Getting a set wouldn't be too hard and my guess would be that it wouldn't be too expensive either.
I don't know what the shipping costs would be, but all in all it should still be a lot cheaper than 90 dollars per piece :wink:
Simran
4000 rpm

Post by Simran »

http://bx16valve.co.uk/forum/viewtopic. ... 33&start=0

Take a look at this, theres a few tables out of pad and disc catalogues i found at work that show which xantias share the same size discs and pads, theres also pictures of the pad shapes to help you pick the right ones.

Just as a note, the largest size fitted to any xantia on the front were 288mm, these come on the mk2 activa, mk1s had 283mm, be careful that you dont get the calipers off one and the discs off another by accident, think the sizing change applies to all other models that were carriedon from mk1 to mk2 such as big turbo diesel estates and v6s.
In the pictures, PP321 is the matching pad for the largest disc size, ive got the 283mm discs and pad shape PP262.

From what i can remember, the part numbers relate to Black Diamonds parts, but theyre useful as a way of comparing against different model xantias, hope that helps.
surjit25
4000 rpm

Post by surjit25 »

I just changed my disc and calipers to Xantia S/W and they are great stops on a dime. I don't think XM's ones can fit, for one they are 5 studs and disc are much thicker.
NZ16v
3000 rpm

Post by NZ16v »

thanks to all for their input-i am gonna organise some Mk2 Xantia V6/HDi calipers,looks as though i can get cheap new parts through a guy on the fastfrogs forum, so thats all good. Will not clog up any more space on the forum with samey samey questions anymore.Will post up pics of my new throttle bodies and cams shortly too...
Simran
4000 rpm

Post by Simran »

looking forward to seeing the throttle bodies :P
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

Anyone got pictures of the big discs fitted?

I'm keen to do this mod, just want to wear out the tyres on the 14" rims, not to mention wear the pads and discs out (no point in throwing out gooduns!)
Simran
4000 rpm

Post by Simran »

Yup:

These are the mk1 activa 283mm discs and matching calipers
I also fitted the matching set of rear calipers which are identical on the outside but may have differentpiston sizes but i fitted them anyway as they were cleaner than the old set. xantia rear discs are same as bx ones so they stay the same.