Converting Hurricane into 16 Valve model

All aspects of tuning,modification and repairs to the BX 16valve.
dougaldog
Tick Over

Post by dougaldog »

Late reply. Sorry, been installing Windows 7. Adrian's and Vanny's comments seem to reflect what I've experienced so far in that one person has given the 'should' reply and, as Vanny has said, conversion should be possible. I did this fifteen years ago and had no problem getting the car listed as a 16V on the V5. Things must have changed since then.

I've been in contact with Adrian Flux and they do seem to have an idea about what I've done but their cheapest quote so far seems to be about £150 more than a standard quote off one of the web-based firms. I'll keep ringing around and see if I can get one to agree on a price as Adrian suggests which accepts the car is as near-as-dammit a standard valver. The Citroen dealer in Milton Keynes certainly seems to think so.
surjit25
4000 rpm

Post by surjit25 »

As I said earlier ,one cannot change the original birth particulars of
a car but can convert the engine and specs to yr liking.
What the fuss, just convert and use it, it's not like you will lose
much value, also it's for yr personal use....
I think BX Hurricane 16V suits it very well.
16V is a fast car and Hurricane is a fast and powerful so it matches each other.
dougaldog
Tick Over

Post by dougaldog »

OK folks, I've taken your advice and raised insurance with Adrian Flux. As hinted it wasn't too painfulin the end and cost about £20 more than I was paying already. It even allows modified wheels to be fitted (thanks Jezzie....). It may not have been registered as a 16V but as far as I am concerned it is, certainly handles like one and with renewed hydraulics shouldn't leak..................

Thanks again for your replies.
Adrian E

Post by Adrian E »

Glad you got it sorted :D