Silicone water hoses for the BX valver

All aspects of tuning,modification and repairs to the BX 16valve.
phil.slater1
Tick Over

Post by phil.slater1 »

Hi, being now officially an old person of 45. i thought I had entered the long comments on where we were with the silicon hoses. Its not here. Mr Moderator have you seen it?
Anyway to summarise, Spoke to Stewart at BakerBM yesterday.
He expects firm price mid to end of next week to us. He will send email to me and Vanny.
He is estimating on producing a run of 20 sets.
16 black, 2 red and 2 blue.
He will not deviate from selling only complete sets at the present time.
(Sorry about this Sujurit) When we get the firm price I will elaborate fully.
This can change of we get a strong influx of 50% deposits which show purchasing intent of us .
Presently he feels 20 sets will take quite a while to sell but if he robs full sets for single hoses, he will quickly end up with no complete sets as the most damage prone hoses sell more regularly. Also what will he do with the odd one or 2 hoses a particular individual does not want.
On the 205 he sells any, deletes any from kits as he is regularly renewing stock so can accommodate the variation. PhilS
PS
Toddman
Administrator

Mr Moderator

Post by Toddman »

What seems to be the problem Phil ?
The thread seems to be fine to me, I know a couple of posts were deleted but the thread appears intact.

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

phil.slater1 wrote:Hi, being now officially an old person of 45.
That might be the problem then Phil ;)
Its actually very difficult to completely delete a post without Luke and I knowing about it. I didn't do it, and it would appear Luke didn't so i suspect the world wide web might have eaten it!

However, if anyone else notices missing posts, please let me know (in a new thread) and i'll investigate!

On the hose front, its just waiting for BakerBM's suppliers to get back to him with a firm price and we should be away!
jayw
5000 rpm

Post by jayw »

Any chance on getting dibs on a coloured set? Preferably Blue!
Now listen here you mullet...
Adrian E

Post by Adrian E »

A 6 page thread and I've only just started reading it :shock: :lol:

I would also be interested in a set - probably black for originality, but blue would be tempting to tart up the engine bay a bit.

Will wait to see what the deal is first before committing.

Adrian
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

Breaking news

This email just in from Baker BM
I have the quotation for you.

The kits are going to be £220 +VAT <thats £258.50 inclusive)

The hose kits will include all 12 coolant hoses.

The Header tank to throttle body + rad hose will have the bleed screw present. I will be using the same bleed screw design I manufacture for the 106 hose setup.

The lower rad hose will have an aluminium T-Piece. This T-piece is also a part I already make.

They are going to be 3-ply (approx 4mm thick).

10 Black, 5 Blue, 5 Red. Before I place the order with my supplier I can change this ratio depending on demand

<snip>

As soon as we have the 5+ committed we can start looking at taking the 50% deposits. Then make the tooling plus 1 sample set to test the fitment.

Once the fitment has been given the "thumbs up" the main batch can be finished.

All the best
BakerBM
The intention is that those interested will deal (financially) with BakerBM directly to arrange an order and payment. I will help resolving issues (postage etc) where i can.

I realise there is no mention of postage, i have already contacted BakerBM to check what the status is on this (I currently assume it is NOT included in the price).

So, who is still interested?
jayw
5000 rpm

Post by jayw »

Me definitely but only in BLUE.
Now listen here you mullet...
Dr.Jones
Tick Over

Post by Dr.Jones »

Me too, in black.
1990 BX 16V Ph2, ETB, AC
1990 BX 16V Ph2, EWT
1991 BX 16V Ph2, EXY
1990 BX 16V Ph2, Gris Axinite
1987 BX 16V Ph1, EXY
michael16v
Tick Over

Coolant hoses

Post by michael16v »

Hi
I am still interested in the hoses, colour RED.
As I am in Australia am I best to contact BakerBM direct, and referance this forum?
I assume :? I will not be up for VAT?
Cheers
Michael
surjit25
4000 rpm

Post by surjit25 »

OK good, so no VAT for foreign orders,

will contact Baker direct, thanks mate for all the trouble
you went through....
Markus

Post by Markus »

I am still interested in a set black hoses
phil.slater1
Tick Over

Post by phil.slater1 »

Hi All,
I have placed an order for 2 x red sets of silicon hoses.

I have spoken to BakerBM. The best way for him to receive the 50% deposits is a personal cheque. I wanted to do it with credit card as I thought it would give me a better form of protection.
Steward saw the large downside to this from his point of view.
1, he will not cash the cheques until he receives the 5 deposits for him to begin tooling manufacture and the first 20 sets manufactured. (Colours to be decided once tooling is made, this will give people the chance to get the colour they want).
2, if he gets credit card deposits, he has to take the money and if he does not get the 5 deposits he has to refund. He pays a %age to the credit card company for payment and refund.
3 From the alleged interest, we should have more than my 2 deposits by now anyway.
Side Note, I checked with him again, to non-EU countries he can send without VAT being payable.

So everybody, get your deposits in, obviously there is no pressure, the job is now awaiting all of us to "Pay Up" if we want this to go ahead.

Just as a side note, I have a friend who has sorted out many 205GTI track day cars. He said the BakerBM silicon hoses were very good.

Anyway - its up to us now. If people wouldnt mind putting on the forum if they have placed an order and their colour preference, then we can proceed. regards Phil
PS
BakerBM

Post by BakerBM »

Hi Guys,

I am Stewart Baker from BakerBM.

I figured it would be a lot easier to become a member on here so any questions can be answered and all being well the group buy can progress.

Over the next couple of days I will PM everybody who has shown an interest throughout this thread. I hope most people will still be interested :)

Thank you to both Vanny and Phil for the time they have put into organising this.

I would like to add these hoses are for a RHD set-up. Not being familiar with the BX16v I can’t be certain the LHD set-up will be the same. Could somebody confirm this?

All the best
Stew
surjit25
4000 rpm

Post by surjit25 »

Hi, Mr Stewart Baker, I am from Malaysia, and require a coloured set
either red or blue...
But as requested earlier, I do not require the heaters hoses ,
I hope you can cater to my request as it will be wasted only to just
let it lie around unused plus it will be cheaper and lighter to post to me.
Regarding the 50% deposit, I will wait for yr confirmation you have received
the minimum 5 sets and then send the full amount to you as it will be
a hassle plus expensive for me (overseas interest charges)to send 2 times.

I will require the AFM hose too together with my water hoses. plus I will need
to know the mode of payment..TT, Bank draft etc.....
Another enquiry , do you have the water hose set for Citroen CX 20TRE.

As for LHD and RHD, they are the same no difference.
phil.slater1
Tick Over

Post by phil.slater1 »

Hi Surjit25,

I have been negitiating with Stewart about split kits/individual hoses etc. I reported his present position further up on this page in answer to your specific request. The answer is copied from what I wrote above.

He will not deviate from selling only complete sets at the present time.
(Sorry about this Sujurit) When we get the firm price I will elaborate fully.
This can change of we get a strong influx of 50% deposits which show purchasing intent of us .
Presently he feels 20 sets will take quite a while to sell but if he robs full sets for single hoses, he will quickly end up with no complete sets as the most damage prone hoses sell more regularly. Also what will he do with the odd one or 2 hoses a particular individual does not want.

If there is a good demand, this position might change. I see you have asked him direct, hopefully he will answer you directly. His position might have changed but I personally doubt it. If 5 deposits had come in directly within 1 week maybe he would change his mind. I dont believe this has happened.
regards Phil.S
PS