Silicone water hoses for the BX valver

All aspects of tuning,modification and repairs to the BX 16valve.
BakerBM

Post by BakerBM »

Hi Surjit25,

Sorry, I have been very busy.

The bx parts have been a bit of side line and a little more work than I first estimated :oops:

I will send you a reply now.

Stew
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

pipes arrived today! Already been out and fitted them and they look pretty good, better still they fit, well. I haven't started her up yet, and i must say its very tempting!

On the hoseclip front, the coolant system requires the following;

17 of 35mm (closed clamp)
2 of 22mm (closed clamp)
2 of 14.5mm (closed clamp)
2 of 60mm (closed clamp)
2 of 47mm (closed clamp)

At the moment i'm struggling to get these under £70 for known branded clamps.
Adrian E

Post by Adrian E »

Vanny

Not looked at recent prices, but when I did mine on the old phase 2 I got some nice quality stainless clamps from RS which I don't remember working out too pricey
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

Tried RS, they came out at £76 and that didn't include two of the clamps needed. Will try some more places tomorrow (Rapid, Farnel, CPC etc)
michael16v
Tick Over

Hoses

Post by michael16v »

Stew
Transfered the deposit into your nominated account today - at least I hope it ended up in your account :? .
Sent you an e-mail with details. Can you please confirm the receipt of the funds please, so I know that it all works (or not :roll: ) for the final payment.
Cheers
Michael
BakerBM wrote:Here is a pic of the finished sample hoses:

<IMAGE REMOVED>

http://img815.imageshack.us/img815/5563 ... lowres.jpg

The pic shows 9 specific Bx16v hoses. The remaining 3 hoses are taken from the mi16 hose kit I already have manufactured.

These hose have been ready for a while. It has been me holding up proceedings due to being busy.. :oops:

I will be sending these to you Vanny tomorrow (16-06-10). I need your postal details so I will PM you now.

I will also be sending all the PM’s today to the people who have committed to the group buy.

Thanks again for your support.

Stew
jayw
5000 rpm

Post by jayw »

Just noticed Stew's PM :roll:

Mine cash'll be landing in his direction in the next couple of days

mmmmm... rubber :wink:
Now listen here you mullet...
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

Same here, deposit sent (just).

Will aim to post the pipes back tomorrow, sooner i get a shiney set of pipes the better. Wonder if i can get the car on the road by the CCC National meet?
Dr.Jones
Tick Over

Post by Dr.Jones »

Would you produce some hose kits later on? So, if somebody decides to want a kit, maybe in a year, does he have an chance to get one? And how much would be the approximate price?
1990 BX 16V Ph2, ETB, AC
1990 BX 16V Ph2, EWT
1991 BX 16V Ph2, EXY
1990 BX 16V Ph2, Gris Axinite
1987 BX 16V Ph1, EXY
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

As a bit of an update, i realise its been over a week, the pipes are back with BakerBM being fettled to the final parts. They mostly fit really well (they should all fit really well once fettled mind), and they do look rather good.

I took some picters of them in situ, but the pictures are pretty poor quality so i havent posted them up.

I'm hoping to get the final hoses (and my original hoses) within the next two weeks, but i haven't had a firm date yet.

I'm still working on the hose clamps, i think they will likely cost around £50 for the full set if bought in big enough quantities. I haven't the cash to bulk buy the hoses so i might have to let people sort there own out. I'll see if i can find anything cheaper though!
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

Another update.

The tooling has been modified and the final hoses are being made up.

They won't arrive within two weeks which means i'm not going to the CCC national in the BX, can't say i'm overly amused at the 2 week loan of hoses turning into three months, but then i'm going to annoy everyone with my shiney new hoses when they arrive!
jayw
5000 rpm

Post by jayw »

Anyone got a list of the ACTUAL clip sizes?

I pilfered quite a stash of genuine shiny Jubilee's when i left the workshop so aside of my own set i might be able to help out with some for others.
Now listen here you mullet...
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

What do you mean by actual sizes?

The sizes posted are the effective size of the hose OD, given that the silicone hose walls are thicker, then the sizes above are good for the closed/clamped size the clip has to be.

If you mean the Jubilee sizes (OX, 1X etc) then i have a list at home, i could post it up later.
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

Jubilee (brand) sizes are as follows;

2 of 00BZP
2 of 0XBZP
17 of 1XBZP
2 of 2BZP
2 of 2XBZP

I've just bought those listed above, total cost of £21.54 from Fixings Direct Central in Coventry, stores nation wide, web address is
http://www.fixings-directcentral.co.uk

These are ZINC plated and NOT STAINLESS!!

I alwasy buy Jubilee where i can as they are made in the UK, and i struggle to break them, which is good! They are the original and best, they are also one of few made to the British Standard.
Kitch
5000 rpm

Post by Kitch »

I haven't even been paying attention, what stage is all this at? Are you taking orders? Think I might be up for a set of thse for £70 odd!

Cheers
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

Orders have been made and deposits placed. Cost is £260 ish which is comparable to 205/309 sets, there may be some sets left to order as BakerBM have made up a few spares.