Silicone water hoses for the BX valver

All aspects of tuning,modification and repairs to the BX 16valve.
dougaldog
Tick Over

Post by dougaldog »

Correct. Brain fade. Sorry.....
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

Hmmm, i managed to get them all on once, but havent been able to since, i wonder if this odd hose (10) is the problem.

The original hoses where from a Ph2, this has a smaller water block manifold on the back of the engine and so the decision was made that hose 6 would have a smaller diameter, allowing it to fit both Ph1 and Ph2. I'm suprised you had so much trouble fitting, but this is the reason it is tight. It is not a mistake.
dougaldog
Tick Over

Post by dougaldog »

With regard to hose 6 I had no trouble fitting this to the engine so I cannot see why this was the case. A little WD40 worked wonders....

With regard to hose 10 this does seem to be causing questions. When the kit was made up was it with three elbows as per the photograph or did it come with two similar hoses (item J on the photograph)? There is no way I could get the item labelled J to easily fit behind the HP pump pulley to supply the heater coolant rail (the engine was out of the car) but it was not even a similar shape to the hose 10 on the diagram so would not fit between the right-hand side of the coolant rail and heater matrix input.

Strange indeed! Hopefully when Stuart returns the hose he's making up this will solve (at least my) issues. :)
bearwil
Tick Over

Post by bearwil »

With regard to hose 6 I had no trouble fitting this to the engine so I cannot see why this was the case.
Do you have a mk1 or a mk2?
BX 16V Mk2 gris perle
dougaldog
Tick Over

Post by dougaldog »

It's a Phase 2 engine.
Simran
4000 rpm

Post by Simran »

Hi guys,

Is there currently a group buy happening with these or have i missed the boat? I read back a few pages but couldnt work out what was happening.

I tried to order a standard replacement for the leaking water hose from citroen (hose 10 in the silicone kits) and they no longer have any stock and Samco xtraflex silicone hose is mighty expensive so it seems sensible to buy one of these kits and replace the lot.

Sim
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

There was a group buy, quite a few months back now, however Stuart Baker (of BakerBM) has sets left and a believe will make sets up to order (i'm not sure if there is a min/max quantity). You can contact him through his website;

http://www.bakerbm.com/405.php?data=schkit16vbx
NZ16v
3000 rpm

Post by NZ16v »

Simran wrote:Hi guys,

Is there currently a group buy happening with these or have i missed the boat? I read back a few pages but couldnt work out what was happening.

I tried to order a standard replacement for the leaking water hose from citroen (hose 10 in the silicone kits) and they no longer have any stock and Samco xtraflex silicone hose is mighty expensive so it seems sensible to buy one of these kits and replace the lot.

Sim
Seems a lot of dosh for a car you are selling...cmon now, you know you arent gonna sell it :D :D
Would rather be driving ONE 16v,than fixng TWO.
Simran
4000 rpm

Post by Simran »

NZ16v wrote:
Simran wrote:Hi guys,

Sim
Seems a lot of dosh for a car you are selling...cmon now, you know you arent gonna sell it :D :D

A mate of mine said he'd be interested in the car if i was to sell it and it had me thinking, 'you wont know how to look after it and i dont want YOU to have it' and ive realised that no one will be good enough for me to let them have it. If it wasnt raining so hard, i would be putting the engine back to standard this week so that I can use it. I cant let it go. :lol:
Simran
4000 rpm

Post by Simran »

Just ordered a black set of hoses. Theres no turning back now! :P
badlyworntoy
3000 rpm

Post by badlyworntoy »

That diagram is very poor !!They're nothing like that on the car. Hose 10 and 11 are completly different. I'm glad somebody else has brought this up,as I thought I was cracking up. I bought one of the origanal sets and I thought a hose was missing but at the the time stuart insisted it was complete.If you look at my Thread for the Rotrex supercharger on page 4 they is a picture of these hoses installed with the engine out and you can see what I did to get round the problem.I then had to purchase a 19mm ID 90 degree elbow to make up hose 11.
1991 Citroen Bx 16v phase 2
1972 Vauxhall Viva HC 16v C20XE
1993 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
1983 Vauxhall Chevette 2.0 Pinto
1991 Lada Riva (still having ideas)
jan
Tick Over

Post by jan »

Have ordered induction and water hoses today. Hope it turns out to be good replicas of the original ones.
BX16V '88, BXGTI '90. And '00 Xantia HDI.
frog
3000 rpm

Post by frog »

Has anyone received their replacement pipe 10 - "Top Heater Matrix - Rail on Bulkhead"?
bearwil
Tick Over

Post by bearwil »

I haven't.
BX 16V Mk2 gris perle
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

Nope, i've not seen one, and i don't have the original either. I suspect it never made it back from china after they where copied.