Silicone water hoses for the BX valver

All aspects of tuning,modification and repairs to the BX 16valve.
badlyworntoy
3000 rpm

Silicone water hoses for the BX valver

Post by badlyworntoy »

Hi
I spoke to To S+S performance last week as im having some Boost piping made up for an Astra 888 im modifying.Ive asked them what the chances of making up the hoses for the bx since Knowbody has ever made them to my knowledge........someone please correct me if im wrong!
Anyway they said if i order 10 sets they will do the tooling for free which is the only way to justify getting any :?
So if anybody is intrested please let me know and give me your deatails and if we get 10 or more intrested parties then its a goer
Im not sure on cost as yet but considering the amount of coolant hoses they is on a bx i doubt its going to be washers

let me know dudes
cheers
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

Bakers do most of the hoses and are willing to make up the others at a cost. A good number of the hoses are (not surprisingly) common with the 495 Mi16 engine. I've already had a BX sized AFM hose from Bakers, excellent customer service.

I'd certainly be interested at some point in the future, but not right now.

Bakers site is here; http://www.bakerbm.com/

They also have an eBay store.
badlyworntoy
3000 rpm

Post by badlyworntoy »

i did look at these a while ago and i think there's only 3 which will fit not much point with a 10 hose kit
he may be worth emailing and asking though although i doubt the bx is popular enough to make up a set
surjit25
4000 rpm

Post by surjit25 »

I am interested but top hose definitely not the same as 405
badlyworntoy
3000 rpm

Post by badlyworntoy »

yes the 405 shares 3 possibley 4 hoses with the bx so its not really an option, besides i dont think anyone ever did them for a 405 either
surjit25
4000 rpm

Post by surjit25 »

If they are available I just want the 2 main hoses top n bottom.
The heat exchanger no need as I have fitted a external oil cooler.
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

Appologies, i was thinking about a full set of hoses including all oil and water hoses. I think i have both a top and bottom hose spare which could be copied, i'd need them back pretty quick though.

I'm happy to email BakerBM in the new year if there is a reasonable interest.
surjit25
4000 rpm

Post by surjit25 »

Didn't Samco make the hoses??
badlyworntoy
3000 rpm

Post by badlyworntoy »

yeah i have a full set of hoses from a car i broke earlier in the year so we have a spare set to copy.....ive counted them up and they is 16 of the fookers :?
Simran
4000 rpm

Post by Simran »

i would be interested in a full set, if the price is right
badlyworntoy
3000 rpm

Post by badlyworntoy »

simran thats the whole point i dont really know the cost to there done,im expecting between £170-250 for a full coolant set,dont think im going to get anywhere with this unless people comit without really knowing the price.....i know that sounds daft
SimonA
Tick Over

Post by SimonA »

This sounds trite but if I still had a 16 valve I'd commit to a set. I have a couple of ideas in mine and do intend to find a 16 valve this year so if it helps, count me in as a 50/50 maybe.
... and there are unknown unknowns
phil.slater1
Tick Over

Silicon Cooling Hoses

Post by phil.slater1 »

Hi, I'm new to Valvers but in the last 4 months ive bought 2 BX 16V's. My friend has one being modified for racing also.

We would like to put our names down for 2 sets of silicon cooling hose sets, i.e. 1 set each. I will guarantee sale of 2 sets, if I have to buy both, thats my problem.

Both our cars are phase 2 16Vers.

Assuming you reach 10 sets, I would have thought you can get an idea of estimated price for a set before you commit yourself.

Seeing the BBrothers Mi16 205 10 piece set sells for £175, both of us are hoping the price to be less than £220 +- £15. If its more, well its more.
Due to the state of the 2 cars I have bought, I have been buying many spares hence money is not freely available but must be reasonable value.

What quarantee do you require for you to add us to your list.

In the future I will be interested in another set but cannot commit to that yet. I will also contact a 3rd chap who works abroad who has a race ready valver. He might be interested but as I said I will contact him.

I will write a format introduction to you all so you know who I am.

PhilS
PS
michael16v
Tick Over

silicon hoses

Post by michael16v »

I am interested in a set - if the price is right i.e. under 200 quid - so put me down. I will have to wear the cost of shipping to Australia.
Red would look good :)

Cheers
Michael
jayw
5000 rpm

Post by jayw »

Put me down for one if under £220
Now listen here you mullet...