Where to buy Distributer Cap from?

All aspects of tuning,modification and repairs to the BX 16valve.
Mike P

Where to buy Distributer Cap from?

Post by Mike P »

Whilst I was at Citroen yeterday (ordering an ignition coil), I enquired about the cost of a cap and arm for the new 16V.

They used to be around the £100 mark.

According to the parts man, they are now unavailable (NDF)

Can anybody else confirm this.

Are there other suppliers that now supply good alternatives, as going back in the day (read as over 10 years ago), we had no end of problems with poor quality pattern parts.

Eurocarparts website doesn't list anthing.

GSF do a Ducellier cap for £24.50 and an arm for £19.50, this just seems too cheap when compared to Citroen. Or should I just stop being a fussy snob and get one :?:

Mike P.
Founder member of the Phase 1 Appreciation Society!
- - - - -
'88 'F' White Bx16v - 62k miles & as seen on TV
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

I've run intermotor/unipart i think (what ever came from the local m otor factors) cap and arm on mine with absolutely No issue's at all for years, (also on Halfords 8mm hotwires leads!) did have one intermotor cap that wouldnt run when warm, which was listed as a 405 Mi16 one, but other than that, had no issue's!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
RobC
3000 rpm

Post by RobC »

my ducellier cap and arm have been going strong for 7 years now (touch wood)...
mechuccio
3000 rpm

Post by mechuccio »

I just recently bought a cap and rotor from Ebay.

Here's a current link I've bought them from the same seller.
You can't spell slaughter without laughter ->I just love my 16V<-
Jezziebx16v

Post by Jezziebx16v »

I allways used to get intermotor from my local factors, never had any problems really. They maybe cheap so its no big deal if you have to change them once a year.
Sure I used to get well over 8k out of them!
Past 16v's: 89 Ph1 Black, 90 Ph2 Grey, 89 Ph2 Black, 91 Ph2 Grey, 91 Ph2 Black.

Now. 94 Datsun Silvia S14 rice rocket, 85 Peugeot 505 Turbo, 77 Ford Capri.
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

I've had a couple from CES now, i think CES (Chester Exhaust Supplies) are relatively common in the North, god know about anywhere else though.
ollie
4000 rpm

Post by ollie »

Ducelier are fine and that price is sensible which 100 quid isn't!
My independants seem to be selling beru ones as well which seem fine and cost similar, in fact Intermotor do source quite a few bits from beru so you never know what might be in the box!

Best thing you can do is keep your grubby fingers out of the thing and rinse it clean at service time, using brake cleaner to leave no residue they last much longer for it! and don't be tempted to scrape deposits with a knife unless youre extremely carefull - scratches are worse than a bit of crud!
Toddman
Administrator

cap

Post by Toddman »

I have not seen a Duc item but the genuine citroen cap is a fine piece of kit, however the Intermotor and other mass produced parts work fine I just find they degrade quickly but as already mentioned at the price one a yaer is not going to hurt you.

Beru wee once banded around as OE but they are not by a long shot although again they are fine.

At the prices quoted from GSF I owuld be very tempted and would like to see a pic of th einside if you get on eMike.

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
roderick3
Tick Over

Post by roderick3 »

Timmo wrote:I've run intermotor/unipart i think (what ever came from the local m otor factors) cap and arm on mine with absolutely No issue's at all for years, (also on Halfords 8mm hotwires leads!) did have one intermotor cap that wouldnt run when warm, which was listed as a 405 Mi16 one, but other than that, had no issue's!
Mine is original citroen and is now fitted for over 9 years and 100.000km still no issues at all... if somebody has interest in this true piece of quality I will be replacing it for my holidays this summer ;) and yes it's true the citroen part is NDF. For my other valver I bought a Valeo one and that's just the (almost) same as the original citroen one. that one has done over 80.000km now without any trouble.
bx 16v phase2 with original and working A/C and sunroof
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

you can get them on ebay for £30
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

1990 BX 16v ph2 (now scrapped)