superchips

All aspects of tuning,modification and repairs to the BX 16valve.
Viktor
Tick Over

superchips

Post by Viktor »

hello. just visited my valver , did a few laps :) and took ecu that i buyed from forum member . when I opened it I was surprised ... first sow few new wima capacitors , ant then big shiny sing "superchips" and code 50848. (if interesting i can post some photos)

i don't know how to feel - good or bad :D with dis ecu my valvers check engine lamp is always on and there is too much unburned fuel in exuost...

what should i do ?
bx 1988 12. 1.9l gti 16v
vortex

Post by vortex »

i know with new chips it takes a while to get the chip adjusted to the engine when you plug it in or onto the loom.

Just give it a few days or drive a bit, hot and cold start, hi revs and back to idle.
Give the ECU some time to get used to the engine and "learn" how to control the engine. :wink:

Or the chip is in the wrong ECU number placed, with or without cat mixed up. Or just the wrong ECU, with a different Bosch number.
Then there is a poblem.
What number do you have on the original ECU, and what is the number of the ECU you bought ?
ollie
4000 rpm

Post by ollie »

If it stinks of fuel and you get an engine check light thats bad news,

The engine won't self learn much on a valver as it has precious little feedback from the engine, no llambda, no knock no nothing! all it can really do is attempt an idle compensation and thats it!

It relies on being right in the first place and the components its driving telling the truth!! or doing what theyre told!

"super" mod chips are great if fitted by people who can test the car afterwards, but being correct in the first place matters!

If youre not sure whats happening - get it coded first to check why the check lights flashing, (you can do this with a bulb and a wire if youre bored)
Then get a proper llambda sensor up it bum and go for a drive and see what its really doing.

Oh yes and why did you change ECU? the normal map is fine if the stuff feeding it is all ok?
Viktor
Tick Over

Post by Viktor »

my valver had a cat. and has a liambda and knock sensor (M1.3) originally ecu was 0261200158 , but some day ecu got broken and old owner changed it to what he could find (0261200162)... now i almost don't have idle revs (nothing or 1.5k) alot of fuel needed (12+l/100km @ 90km/h) and every few minutes check engine light is on for a part of a second and then every thing is back again... so i bought this (0261200354) ecu from a forum member ...

yes i will trie too read codes with new ecu . i sow in auto data that there should be INTAKE AIR TEMPERATURE sensor some where in valver. where ?

liambda in my car is new from some other car (4 wires ) can there be a problem ?
bx 1988 12. 1.9l gti 16v
Viktor
Tick Over

Post by Viktor »

here is photo Image
bx 1988 12. 1.9l gti 16v
vortex

Post by vortex »

Ok, well in first place, try to get a proper ECU, witch matches the engine. Different ECU's have different measures to rely on.

That's the first step to take i would say.
Viktor
Tick Over

Post by Viktor »

readed error codes. with 162 ecu there are no errors (first code 12 then 11) with 354 ecu there are 3 errors : fuel pump relay (know this problem , fuel pump doesn't stop ,but don't know how to fix it) second - idle speed control valve and third - ecm problem (codes are : 12 54 15 22 11).
bx 1988 12. 1.9l gti 16v
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

lol excuse me if i seem a bit slow but are you saying the ecu i sold you was chipped? or have you had it chipped? if the first is correct i didnt even know it was chipped :shock: how are you getting on with sorting your car anyway? i haven't heard an update from you in ages?

cheers rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

1990 BX 16v ph2 (now scrapped)
surjit25
4000 rpm

Post by surjit25 »

If the Fuel pump is constantly on, then the problem is you have the wrong ECU fitted. Change back to the ori. one.
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

I might be able to find OEM management map ROMS for the 119 and 354 ECU's if that is of any help. You would need an EEPROM writer and a blank EPROM to use it though. These would both be UK variants, the 354 is WITH knock but WITHOUT lambda, i don't know if you can mix and match the ROMS.
Viktor
Tick Over

Post by Viktor »

hello again... i was away for a while ... yes , ecu that you sold was already chipped . can it be that 354 ecu is from 2.0 mi16 ? if so then it uses system with separate spark coils for each cilinder ? mine has i coil maybe there is the problem ?

eprom writer isn't problem for me (made myself one for PIc procesors and a other for avr) what should be epprom name ?

sorry for my english :(

this weekend fixed my hand brake and cleaned/painted some rusted parts :P
bx 1988 12. 1.9l gti 16v
Viktor
Tick Over

Post by Viktor »

by the way ... have huge problem that i am woried about ... today broke one valve cover bolt :( there was a small leak of oil so i suggested to titen it up a little , and it very easy spined (sorry for my english again)... didint pull it out but i know that it is broken ... hope that it can be fixed ... :( i'm very afraid about that ...
bx 1988 12. 1.9l gti 16v
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

hi viktor, dont worry about the bolt its easily done. just drill it out re- tap it then put a new bolt in. it would be my opinion that if the fuel pump relay is broken and running full time this is likely to be connected to the over fueling problem. change the relay then see what comes out the exhaust. find out the relay number and tell me, i might have a spare you can have for free.

cheers rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

1990 BX 16v ph2 (now scrapped)