pinking sensor - was: bx16v phase 2 148bhp AFM adjustment

All aspects of tuning,modification and repairs to the BX 16valve.
roderick3
Tick Over

Post by roderick3 »

Well at last! some good news. After changing the coolant temp sensor as well (had a spare lying around somewhere in a 16v cilinderhead) the error changed (the ecu light came on different times now).

so, there were some jobs to be done (drive shaft gaiter kit, exhaust kit, etc) and why do a exhaust/gas test to see if I can MOT it right away. Well and that's how it happend :) tested it and a CO of 0.00 :)

probably it was a combination of AFM, lambda and the coolant sensor.

So my baby got a brand new MOT now :)

and the ecu light: it's the PINKING SENSOR. going to replace that one as soon as possible and then the ecu light finally should be gone!

another good thing is my km's per liter fuel is now not 11,76L @ 100Km anymore, but somewhere in the 7,69L @ 100Km !
bx 16v phase2 with original and working A/C and sunroof
roderick3
Tick Over

Post by roderick3 »

does anybody have some more information on the pinking sensor of the 148hp phase two?

where exactly is it fitted on the car? My guess was beneath the inlet manifold between cylinder 2 and 3 or so? Anybody has some experience on replacing one?
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

From memory the sensor is held into the car using one of the crankshaft retaining bolts, it should be slightly to the right of the oil filter attached to the block. It looks like a disc, raised in the middle. It is about 50mm diameter and 20mm tall from the engine. The few I've seen have 'BOSCH' embossed onto them.
Adrian E

Post by Adrian E »

Yep, on the front face of the block with a bolt through the centre of it and an ECU plug attached

Pic speaks 1,000 words, so here's 4,000!! Click for larger images

Image Image Image

I seem to remember the torque setting is quite specific to make sure it works properly - can't recall what it is, so worth checking with Citroen for that.
roderick3
Tick Over

Post by roderick3 »

superb! that's what I was looking for! you're the best. AND the place of the sensor AND the bosch number ;-)