bit of bling for the p1 16V

All aspects of tuning,modification and repairs to the BX 16valve.
Adrian E

bit of bling for the p1 16V

Post by Adrian E »

Bought this off the bxclub forum:

Just the back box, but looks pretty much as new!

Gave it a bit of a polish this evening:

I've only got a limited supply of Autosol so didn't do the whole thing! For 40 quid it was well worth it to get rid of the pea shooter pipe on the p1 at the moment and to un-diesel it a little bit :lol:

I've always liked the way these fit in the rear bumper - so many custom systems miss out the tricky bends to make the job quicker and you never know what the end result will be like. I'm hoping this won't massively alter the noise from the car, as the stock cross box will be retained. A nice little burble at idle would be nice, with just a bit more 'intent' under load

I'll convert my dad to a 70 year old boy racer yet :lol:

Adrian
bxmark
3000 rpm

Post by bxmark »

That was a good buy and will look very nice when fitted , post some pics when it's on , Mark
Jezziebx16v

Post by Jezziebx16v »

I was very happy with the scorpian system on mine, fitted well and sound good, not overly loud but lots better than a std system, good find!
Past 16v's: 89 Ph1 Black, 90 Ph2 Grey, 89 Ph2 Black, 91 Ph2 Grey, 91 Ph2 Black.

Now. 94 Datsun Silvia S14 rice rocket, 85 Peugeot 505 Turbo, 77 Ford Capri.
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

nice one adrian!
good price too!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
Adrian E

Post by Adrian E »

I missed out on a full system some time back (with cross box) and been looking out for one ever since - wanted to get a custom system done but the old man balked at spending 250 quid on one! He went and bought a mild steel cross box which cost about 50 quid, which meant he was even less likely to go stainless, so this is the next best option I think.....
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Looks alright that :D

When I spoke to your Dad at Stratford, I noticed the current tailpipe that replaced the DTM style one the car had last time I saw it at FCS several years ago.

Would be interested in seeing how far it sits out from the bumper cutout when fitted. I wanted a close fitting one when I had the Powerflow system fitted, to avoid the boy racer look after choosing a 3" diameter tailpipe.

Mike P
Founder member of the Phase 1 Appreciation Society!
- - - - -
'88 'F' White Bx16v - 62k miles & as seen on TV
Adrian E

Post by Adrian E »

Hi mate - we need to catch up :D

The DTM thing that the previous owner had on there was just one of those Halfords screw on covers - thankfully easily removed and the pipe is as you see it now.

I know these Scorpion ones sit at an angle on exiting the bumper - hopefully won't stick out too far but probably 2-3" from last time I saw one.

Ideal option would be as per the system I had made for out Xsara VTS which looked quite subtle but nicely filled the gap in the bumper which was way bigger than the stock pipe, just like other hot Citroens of the day!
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

BARGAIN! they were £400 quid for the full system when new :D i have that one on my car 8)
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

1990 BX 16v ph2 (now scrapped)
ollie
4000 rpm

Post by ollie »

Jons had the whole scorpion system on and it did sound nice, only fault was the front pipe didn't have the proper twin bit so we modded it using a cut and shut with a genuine front end.

Ollie