Keypad immobiliser

All aspects of tuning,modification and repairs to the BX 16valve.
bxmark
3000 rpm

Keypad immobiliser

Post by bxmark »

Sorry to have to post this on here but I thought someone might have an idea , I want to change the battery on my Zx16v but will this affect the keypad immobiliser ? Can't ask my mechanic friend as he is abroad for 2 weeks and I was looking at putting a new battery on this week , thanks , Mark
Kitch
5000 rpm

Post by Kitch »

No it won't, the keypad immobiliser is amazingly simple. I've done 4 now and never had a problem. Besides, even if it did screw up, just enter the bypass code (I'll let you figure out what yours is :wink: )
bxmark
3000 rpm

Post by bxmark »

Thanks Kitch , fitted the new battery today and it's cured the slow starting , Mark
ollie
4000 rpm

Post by ollie »

The keypad is nowt special, the number is stored in the engine ECU, and if you have an ECU with no code you can just send the ecu for testing and the test rig will find the code to test it which is handy and cost £20.

If youy dont want a keypad, just disconnect it with engine running and it'll never check it again! also if yours has had same code for a very long time you may find the other buttons don't work through lack of use so dont change the code or you may not get back in! and then need to borrow keypad to get it started

ollie
bxmark
3000 rpm

Post by bxmark »

Thanks for the advice on the keypad , might consider bypassing it and getting a good immobiliser fitted , Mark