Motronic M1.3 Wiring Diagram

All aspects of tuning,modification and repairs to the BX 16valve.
dougaldog
Tick Over

Motronic M1.3 Wiring Diagram

Post by dougaldog »

Folks,

If anyone can help I'd be eternally grateful. I'm busy rebuilding the new acquisition and have replaced the engine and harnesses. I've probably left out something obvious as the engine motors but will not fire.

I've not yet got round to checking the obvious such as lack of spark or fuel supply but I've noticed a couple of red connectors by the ECU that seem to go nowhere. Similarly I only recall one relay by the ecu but there are connections for two.

As these may have some relevance I'm curious to find out what they are for but cannot find anything useful on the web. As the fuel pump does not seem to be running this may be a clue but I'm aware the ECU activates the fuel pump..... Thanks.
surjit25
4000 rpm

Post by surjit25 »

Injection relay next to ECU, and fuel pump but wait is yrs 8V GTi 1.9?
dougaldog
Tick Over

Post by dougaldog »

Thanks for the reply but I finally sorted this (after a fair chunk of today wasted)....

Fault was an own goal, when wiring the engine bay I crossed the throttle position switch and TDC sensor connectors. As the ECU couldn't see when to fire the ignition it didn't.

Had to bell out all the engine management harness to find this. Managed in the end to cobble together a wiring diagram from various websites that all seem to point to BMW wiring.

Car is a 16V model.
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

Is there not a diagram on the downloads on tie homepage
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
dougaldog
Tick Over

Post by dougaldog »

The diagram refers to the two-row Motronic 4.1 ECU. I've got the three row ECU pre-cat version.
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

Bum! Always get the two mixed up!, sorry.
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
Kitch
5000 rpm

Post by Kitch »

You need to look in the 205 conversions section buddy, the wiring is different :P
dougaldog
Tick Over

Post by dougaldog »

Got it. Thanks for the tip off. Will look past the forum pages in future. :D

Wouldn't worry about getting things mixed up. Happened to me last week with two sensor connectors.... :oops:
surjit25
4000 rpm

Re: Motronic M1.3 Wiring Diagram

Post by surjit25 »

dougaldog wrote:Folks,

If anyone can help I'd be eternally grateful. I'm busy rebuilding the new acquisition and have replaced the engine and harnesses. I've probably left out something obvious as the engine motors but will not fire.

I've not yet got round to checking the obvious such as lack of spark or fuel supply but I've noticed a couple of red connectors by the ECU that seem to go nowhere. Similarly I only recall one relay by the ecu but there are connections for two.

As these may have some relevance I'm curious to find out what they are for but cannot find anything useful on the web. As the fuel pump does not seem to be running this may be a clue but I'm aware the ECU activates the fuel pump..... Thanks.
Mine the ECU is under the seat but relays/Fuel Pump are in the engine bay at the side of the RHS wheelhouse. (nest to the frt sphere.)
Normally the 8V 1.9 GTi has the 2 relays next to the ECU under the seat.