Oil pump spring supplier

All aspects of tuning,modification and repairs to the BX 16valve.
michael16v
Tick Over

Oil pump spring supplier

Post by michael16v »

Hi felow 16v'ers
I am trying to upgrade my oil pump to help with loss of pressure when having fun 8) . I will be fitting a baffle in the sump and I have been told that fitting the "6 bar" oil pump spring from the XU10 will help keep the pressure up.
See the following link http://www.taylor-eng.com/
But so far I have had no luck finding the spring here in Australia. The Peugeot part number from the link site is 1157 11. Can anyone over there help me find one please.
If you know of a supplier let me know their contact details and I will take it from there. Or I am willing to purchase one from a forum member, and there will be a beer in it for you :P
Thanks
Michael
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

I bought mine of a seller on UK eBay, it was about £10. You might find one that will ship to Aus?
cammmy
Tick Over

Post by cammmy »

Go to speed.co.nz and inquire there. It's where I got mine from and it was like $7 or something. Also shipping to aus is only the same as shipping to the South Island I think, so you should be sweet.

If you talk to Isaac, tell him cammmy sent you.

I don't think the spring will help you with pressure loss if the pick-up gets uncovered and sucks air. I think It's just to provide more pressure in general? You can also get the gear/chain that Peter talks about from there too.

Actually, did you read my thread on this? I've done it to two cars now.

http://bx16valve.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1952
'89 BX 16v
'91 Peugeot Mi16x4 x2
'74 Triumph TC2500
michael16v
Tick Over

Post by michael16v »

cammmy wrote:Go to speed.co.nz and inquire there. It's where I got mine from and it was like $7 or something. Also shipping to aus is only the same as shipping to the South Island I think, so you should be sweet.

If you talk to Isaac, tell him cammmy sent you.

I don't think the spring will help you with pressure loss if the pick-up gets uncovered and sucks air. I think It's just to provide more pressure in general? You can also get the gear/chain that Peter talks about from there too.

Actually, did you read my thread on this? I've done it to two cars now.

http://bx16valve.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1952
Thanks cammmy.
I will contact "Speed" next week for the spring if I have no luck by the end of today here. Also the gear/chain set. Are the part numbers listed on the "taylor engineering" site good ones for the Speed guys? Would be easier if we are all talking the same items :D
I am hoping the baffle will stop the oil surge from uncovering the pickup. This is for a road car not a track one, but that is not to say I do not have fun round some nice roads near here :roll:
Cheers
cammmy
Tick Over

Post by cammmy »

Yup. All the numbers are pug numbers which speed can use. The parts I got from them were all OEM.

As per that thread/peter's site. There are 2 routes that you can go down.

8V A/C or XU10 (pre-baffled) sump along with pickup extension. or just baffling the standard sump. In the 405 I went the XU10 sump route but just kept the standard one for the BX (as ground clearance is a much bigger issue in the cit/I didn't think the extra capacity was required for a road car)

Definitely get a windage tray mod too (can be seen in my '89 16v thread). This will reduce the number of air bubbles in your oil for better pressure and also free up a wee bit of power.
'89 BX 16v
'91 Peugeot Mi16x4 x2
'74 Triumph TC2500
cammmy
Tick Over

Post by cammmy »

Did you get this sorted?
'89 BX 16v
'91 Peugeot Mi16x4 x2
'74 Triumph TC2500
michael16v
Tick Over

Post by michael16v »

cammmy wrote:Did you get this sorted?
Hi cammmy
Yes thanks. I have ordered the parts; spring, chain and sprocket. They will send them to me in Aust.
Thanks
Michael
cammmy
Tick Over

Post by cammmy »

Epic!
'89 BX 16v
'91 Peugeot Mi16x4 x2
'74 Triumph TC2500