sphere damper valving

All aspects of tuning,modification and repairs to the BX 16valve.
michael16v
Tick Over

sphere damper valving

Post by michael16v »

Hi
I am wanting to "re-start" playing with my adjustable spheres again :D
I need to know what the OEM damper valving is in the 16v spheres, so I have a base line. I do not have any broken "genuine" 16v spheres to destroy to find out :( .
Was wondering if anyone has some that you are willing to cut the threaded end off of and send me the damper valves. I am very willing to pay for postage of 1 X front and 1 X rear valve assembly - plus a little for a beer for you :wink:
OR
Do you know where this information can be found?
I do not want the complete sphere as the cost to send would be too much.
Cheers
Michael
frog
3000 rpm

Post by frog »

Sorry I don't have any spheres I'm willing to butcher, but I'm sure someone will be able to come up with the information.

All I could find was this old thread with dead links.
http://bx16valve.co.uk/forum/viewtopic. ... c&start=15

I think it would also be worth giving DS motors in Brisbane a ring. They had a 16Valve that they use to run in hill climbs that had a set of the bathurst spheres.

Very interested in seeing your progress.
Mandic
4000 rpm

Post by Mandic »

Image Don't run your life on diesel
michael16v
Tick Over

Post by michael16v »

frog wrote:Sorry I don't have any spheres I'm willing to butcher, but I'm sure someone will be able to come up with the information.

All I could find was this old thread with dead links.
http://bx16valve.co.uk/forum/viewtopic. ... c&start=15

I think it would also be worth giving DS motors in Brisbane a ring. They had a 16Valve that they use to run in hill climbs that had a set of the bathurst spheres.

Very interested in seeing your progress.
I have a set of the same spheres as them. In fact there got theirs from Peter McLeod race team as I did.
Not too difficult to manufacture, but knowing the setup is the go.
Cheers
Michael
michael16v
Tick Over

Post by michael16v »

Mandic wrote:Here u go...

http://citroen.tramontana.co.hu/suspens ... nt-spheres

Cheers,

Ziga
Thanks for this link, good info. What I am after is the actual phisical make up of the valving fitted to the spheres. This is a number and thickness of "washers" fitted either side of a flow disk fitted inside the threaded section of the sphere. The qty and thickness of these washers is what adjusts the rate of flow of the LHM. and therefore the damping of the sphere - to put it VERY simply :)
So my idea in setting up my adjustable spheres is to get a base line - ie the OEM setup - and then work from there. I have cut up some broken non 16v spheres to salvage their washers for spares. These are of varying thicknesses and there have been various numbers of them either side of the flow disk. These donor spheres have come from many, unknown, citroens (from a Cit dealers bin).
The other way, if I had the mechanics, time and money, would be to go to a track and "play". But I do not have that option. :(
Cheers
Michael