Fuel injector relay replacement

All aspects of tuning,modification and repairs to the BX 16valve.
Arska
Tick Over

Fuel injector relay replacement

Post by Arska »

I had a problem with my mk1 valver. It refused to fire up and I located the problem to fuel injector relay. I open it and resolder all joints on the board. This solved the problem. BTW. in the test drive it ran better than ever before. Very powerful and fast like a bullet. :D Or I just imagine it, because I drove few days with 1.6 litre Xantia. I suppose that there has been some voltage drop over the relay, which may affect injectors performance earlier.

Anyway, I'd like to renew the relay, but I couldn't find its spare part number. Original relay is Cartier 02011. What is a good replacement relay for it. I tried with google, but this Cartier number I didn't find anything. Only jewellery and perfumes. :lol:
Arska
Tick Over

Post by Arska »

From the Motronic 4.1 factory guide from downloads I found RP number 96011361 but it either doesn't give nothing from Google. I suppose that this kind of relay is not so uncommon and used in many vehicles. The only speciality is the diode inside the relay.
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

I imagine that if you drop the guy at pole volt and email (http://www.polevolt.co.uk/) he could probably find the right one if it isn't on the shelf. The guy was local to me and runs his empire out of his garage, he also does full vehicle rewires and really knows his stuff. He's helped me find some really obscure connectors before now so well worth asking.
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

i have spares of these, if you still need one just pm me with the p/n

rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

1990 BX 16v ph2 (now scrapped)