Seat Fabric - How do I tightening up the fabric on the base.

All aspects of tuning,modification and repairs to the BX 16valve.
frog
3000 rpm

Seat Fabric - How do I tightening up the fabric on the base.

Post by frog »

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know how this is done? My father mentioned Alan S had done a write up on it on the Aussiefrogs forum, but this must have been lost in the crash.

I'm wondering how I go about tightening up the chains? that pull that metal bars down to keep the seat fabric tightly down into the grove of the base of the Valver buckets. I notice on the underside there seem to be plastic anchors in the foam that correlate to the position of the ends of the bar.

Cheers,
Chris.
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

I've recently had a seat completely to bits to wash the fabric and it's rather straight forward. You can however only take up so much slack, unfortunately it isn't the fabric that is at fault, but the foam inserts. There are companies that will make up new foam parts, but i've not found any realistic prices yet!
frog
3000 rpm

Post by frog »

Thanks Vanny,

I've got a pretty torn up one that I'm using as my daily seat base. I'll take that apart in the next couple of weeks and take some photos as I go.

Cheers,
Chris
frog
3000 rpm

Post by frog »

Sorry chaps never got around to the photos but I've had 3 apart now and all through the wash, it's fairly straight forward. Vanny posted some photos on the various forums for future reference:
http://www.bxproject.co.uk/phpbb3/viewt ... f=2&t=3818
http://www.bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16435
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

So that's who had asked!

I put the pictures up for the benefit of this thread but could never find it again!
frog
3000 rpm

Post by frog »

Thank you good sir!