Silicone AFM Hose

All aspects of tuning,modification and repairs to the BX 16valve.
Vanny
Web Support

Silicone AFM Hose

Post by Vanny »

With the BX back on the road, and MOT'd, it means i've had chance to fit and use in anger the silicone AFM hose from Baker BM. It's a bit more flexible than the original rubber one, making it a lot easier to fit, and it lines up perfectly.

Having knackered the aux intakes on my original hose it has rather saved my bacon (unlike the copious amounts of duct tape/glue/cable ties i tried to fix it with!).

They're listed for £53+ VAT + p+p
http://www.bakerbm.com/405.php?data=sih16vbx

I also noticed that there are (finally) silicone oil breather hoses coming from Baker BM as well. If you register interest now, your entitled to 10% off sale price at launch which could be a good few quid!
Kitch
5000 rpm

Post by Kitch »

Worthwhile mod you reckon mate? It's only got to be a matter of time before mine splits!
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

I've you've got an AFM hose in good condition, then it won't add anything.

But I've you've got a knackered AFM hose then its well well worth it.

The aux outlets are woven out of the main body then the inserts go in, rather than a standard hose where the inserts just push in from the main tube. Means there more rigid, and much more structural. Frankly i can't imagine you could rip them out (like i did with the standard hose!). The hole in the oil breather is the exact same size so no worries about losing any tuned characteristic of the original hose.

Quite frankly i think there a huge improvement over the original in terms of longevity of the part, and will probably outlast the body of the car!

Also strikes me as bloody cheap, i've seen second hand hoses go on ebay for not a lot less!