LHM troubles. SOS!

All aspects of tuning,modification and repairs to the BX 16valve.
djoptix
4000 rpm

LHM troubles. SOS!

Post by djoptix »

Following my post on the old forum - LHM troubles etc - I have traced the leak today and it seems that it's not the security valve, it's the leakage return pipe from the security valve. Going to try and get one from GSF or dealers tomorrow.

Can someone tell me where in relation to the engine the other end is? ie the non-security valve end..
Red phase 1, 84k
Silver phase 1, 67k
"Man who run in front of car get tyred; man who run behind car get exhausted..."
sleepy0905

Post by sleepy0905 »

Hi if its the rubber one it is about 6" long and joins to the clear plastic return pipe clipped to the top of the subframe it is a push fit on the plastic pipe and a push fit on the security valve had to do this repair on cavmads estate recently.
djoptix
4000 rpm

Post by djoptix »

That was the one. Traced the problem, ordered the part, fixed the other day - doesn't seem to have lost any LHM since then. I did notice a fair bit of oil sludge on the bottom of the engine though - a bit worrying. Never noticed any oil puddles, but it definitely looks like it's seeping a bit.

Good job I fixed the leakage return, I think the neighbours were starting to notice the alien-blood-green puddle of LHM.

That little rubber pipe has to do a 180 degree bend, no wonder they perish, since they're made straight...
Red phase 1, 84k
Silver phase 1, 67k
"Man who run in front of car get tyred; man who run behind car get exhausted..."