Radiator

All aspects of tuning,modification and repairs to the BX 16valve.
cossie
4000 rpm

Radiator

Post by cossie »

Hi Guys
Anyone got a radiator they dont want?
I finally got to play with my old girl (16v)
After replacing the head gasket a while ago,I thought it was about time I worked some more on the old BX.
A few weeks ago I found I had a hydraulic leak,well it looks like I got the same leak as Iain,my son,had with his.It could do with a new octopus set.For now we have repaired it.Also found we hadnt put back the water hose,behind the hydraulic pulley,now all done.
But now I got a leaking rad,bottom corner,passenger side (UK) I might try rad weld,or the dog turd thingy.
This car has been laid up now for a few years,maybe 3-4 years,about time I got her going.MOT is next after I check the tyres,then hopefully it will be on the road.
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

i got my new one from gsf a couple of years ago with antifreeze and carriage for £74 all in which i didnt think was too half bad cosidering the local factors wanted £117!!!
i think the 16v has its own rad rather than interchangable ones as such????
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
Adrian E

Post by Adrian E »

Yep, 16V rad is unique to it. They do turn up on ebay quite regularly for about £80. I've got one in the garage but am keeping it for a rainy day - it was re-cored in Denmark and is way better quality than the Ordanez rubbish.

Top tip if fitting a new rad - use Citroen antifreeze and distilled water and NEVER top it up with plain tap water. Will stop it rotting out.

Adrian
ollie
4000 rpm

Post by ollie »

Go for new, GSF shitty ORDONEZ is better than nothing!, mine cost £54. as he says use quality antifreeze and change it regular like actually at the 2 years it says on the can!
Distilled water is important if you live in hard water but ours here is fine, could just use ready mixed long life tho..
Have used BARS leaks many times on these and all work fine!
Is "Fitted" as standard on some production lines!
Rad weld is not as good, and as all other Holts products are rubish I see no reason why this one shouldn't be!

ollie