16V front bumper

All aspects of tuning,modification and repairs to the BX 16valve.
Anonymous

16V front bumper

Post by Anonymous »

Yesterday i drove to Belgium to pick up the 16V ph 2 front bumper. Have to do some minor repairs on it and of course paint it in the right color.

Now i have the standard bumper on the bx. Can i swap them easily or do i have to adjust some things? If so, i can do it now before i have to ruin the paintjob :wink:

As far as i could see they have the same points for bolting on.
ed_straker
3000 rpm

Post by ed_straker »

Front bumper will fit no problem. Only the rear bumper differs from the normal bumper as it has some special (mostly rotten) metal thing to adjust the bumper.
Honda Civic Type S
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

hehe! yeah the rear has hte special rotten thing thats stuck to the bumper with the worlds strogest glue hahahahah! i have a section i made up to replace the rear bumper bit but couldnt shift the old one so needles to say its still in the shed!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
ollie
4000 rpm

Post by ollie »

Anything to do with bumpers requires an angle grinder! only way to shift the rusty nonsense Citroen call brackets! make new one sand bond back on with Fibregalss or similar don't do it too well or you'll crack the bumper in ana impact...... good job I've more bumpers than citroen......
Ollie
ed_straker
3000 rpm

Post by ed_straker »

The metal-thing on the bumper was so rusty...removing was no problem at all. I guess the glue can be killed with a heating gun.
Honda Civic Type S
ollie
4000 rpm

Post by ollie »

Not so sure it can, most of the bumper type stuff is stuck either with resins like the bumper mouldings themselves, or with the Black rubberised stuff, any heat able to destroy those will also destroy the bumper! rather unfortunately!
On the rear I've never bothered to reinstae the crusty support cos the bumpers are so poor in strength anyway! if you hit one its broken, simple as that!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

ollie wrote:...... good job I've more bumpers than citroen......
Ollie
So you've got all those things :evil:

searched for months :wink:

But thanks for the replies!
ollie
4000 rpm

Post by ollie »

Very smart, recently painted? and if so where did you get the trim? we can get lengths of standard stuff from suppliers but not orig Citoen ones.
Ollie
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

ollie wrote:Very smart, recently painted? and if so where did you get the trim? we can get lengths of standard stuff from suppliers but not orig Citoen ones.
Ollie
Not painted yet, it looks better on the pic then in real life....has a few cracks i have to repair. Also the color has to be a darker grey.

For the 16V conversion i bought everything via forums and citroen enthousiasts. Untill now the complete kit comes from 7 different places in holland and belgium :shock:

dont know what to do with the rear bumper yet. Hard to find here and it's not so different from the standard one......Still thinking about that :idea:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Today i fitted the bumper.

Now i really know the BX is completely rustfree :wink:
A while ago i checked the bottom and......nothing! Good thing to know.

And the result:

I know, i miss 1 foglamp...will get that one soon :mrgreen:

And last but not least.....tomorrow the back one
tecw1979

Post by tecw1979 »

i like those 205 1.6gti wheels on there!!! suit the car much better than the bx wheels...

ps bx wheels are better suited to dark colored xantias imo.
ed_straker
3000 rpm

Post by ed_straker »

Hmmm....you're missing one foglamp there :roll:
Honda Civic Type S
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

looks good matey!
couple of things i did with mine when i had the bumper off, fully underseal all the areas around the bumper and behind where it sits, and swap the std fog lamps for renault yellow versions!!!!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Timmo wrote:looks good matey!
couple of things i did with mine when i had the bumper off, fully underseal all the areas around the bumper and behind where it sits, and swap the std fog lamps for renault yellow versions!!!!
I see it in your avatar......don't give me more ideas, not good for my wallet :wink:

Still have a lot of things to do....need a short bonnet, and a lot of small details. Downside....all those things i bolted on the bx did cost money, added up i probably could have bought me a real one :shock:

But never mind, had a lot of fun building it! and that was the whole idea.
soupapes
4000 rpm

Post by soupapes »

Good looking car.

Rear p2 bumber would be fine too :wink:
91' Citroën BX GTi 16v