I'm still alive

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
Jezziebx16v

I'm still alive

Post by Jezziebx16v »

Hi,
I feel rather ashamed that I have not logged on here really in any capacity for several years.
As some of you will know I relocated to Canada back in 07 and since then I've rarely been active. Since selling G410KGN I've owned a few Interesting cars ranging from a turbo'd Ford Capri, Skyline, several Buicks :roll: and now have returned to FWD with a Focus ST.
I see the forum is a little quieter than it used to be but that's to be expected I guess with the falling numbers of valvers left. On a side not I did see a very nice red ph2 on a Japanese auction site a few months back at a cost of around $10k USD.
Anyway, nice to have a nose around.

Cheers, Jez
Past 16v's: 89 Ph1 Black, 90 Ph2 Grey, 89 Ph2 Black, 91 Ph2 Grey, 91 Ph2 Black.

Now. 94 Datsun Silvia S14 rice rocket, 85 Peugeot 505 Turbo, 77 Ford Capri.
Toddman
Administrator

Re: I'm still alive

Post by Toddman »

Always good to see you mate :D
Yes things are quiet but we still see a reasonable number of members logging in just not much posting but with such a tiny number of valvers in use I suppose to be expected.

Maybe rarity and novelty value gives the valver abit of clout in Japan? That is a good spot 8)
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
Kitch
5000 rpm

Post by Kitch »

Hi mate, hope you're well?

I'm in the same stable as you - our people carrier's got a Focus ST engine. Not kicking out the full 220bhp or whatever it's supposed to be though, as I found out last week. It's a lovely thing to drive though! Seriously gutsy from 1000rpm up to 5000rpm. It's more like a diesel in the way it's got so much torque. Not the fastest thing in the world, but makes a nice 5-pot warble too. Shame it's not more like a diesel in the ol' fuel economy stakes!

Cheers
Dave
3000 rpm

Post by Dave »

Yes, nice go see an old name back. Bit of a late reply but I do log in. Happy Christmas :mrgreen:
Prefer it to the Lamborghini, like Signor Gandini!