Same day, different weather.

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
jan
Tick Over

Same day, different weather.

Post by jan »

Thought I'd like to share these two pics with you from last summer's Right On Street Finals @ Amcar International Raceway Gardermoen, Oslo.

The rain was REALLY heavy, but then after a couple of hours sun were shining again and the track-crew were able to dry surface, largely aided by an antique RR jet-engine! Right ON events are for street-cars, and there were many boxer VW, as I can remember they were all running in the thirteens and quicker, some in the tens. And quite a few came over from GB as well. Only 16V-related car I can remember was a quite heavily nitroused 16V'd Pug 205 running really quick in the high twelves.
And, it's me behind the wheel in the tow-truck :D
BX16V '88, BXGTI '90. And '00 Xantia HDI.
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

Nice truck! 8)
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
jan
Tick Over

Post by jan »

Indeed. The Isuzu-made engine and Allisson trans was a great step forward comparing to GM's own turbodiesels and undependable truck automatic transmissions.

It's been 23 years now since my last visit at the pod, but I remember it was " great fun " as Petter Solberg says. All weird stuff like a Postman Pat
mid-engined 215" Rover, a late 50`s Ford Consul with a 351" Cleveland, a Mini wagon with 327" Chev, they spent four hours trying to get the spark-plug wires correct because they didn't know the ignition firing order. Ultimately we told them the right sequence and engine didn't backfire any longer.
Buuuut this year! ( like many years before ! ) I'll try to come to street finals or world finals in september - october.
BX16V '88, BXGTI '90. And '00 Xantia HDI.