why did i buy another car?

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

why did i buy another car?

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

hello peeps,
for some reason i went and bought another car but not a citroen?!?!??? i love the valver to bits but it is pretty useless for going around the city. it eats alot of fuel isnt the smallest to park etc. so i bought a little 3 door vauxhall corsa 1.4 automatic which is actually fun to drive. its quite nippy having a little s button for sport mode on the top of the shifter to change at higher revs. all in all its a bit of fun for going around the city. i was wondering has anyone here had one before and know what they are like for reliability etc? by the way i got it for £150 :D with lowish miles etc.

cheers rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

1990 BX 16v ph2 (now scrapped)
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

erm i have some experience of corsa's (my other ride is a 1.2 twinport corsa 'C'), what age is it as they are all very different, i assume give the price that its probably a Corsa 'A'?

In fairness, for that money there's nothing bad to be said about it, you could easily see £1000 back for it if you sell carefully in a few years! Sounds like a right bargain.
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

hi there,
yeah its an N reg so a bit old but the current market value is around £700. but i jus love drivin it. :D

rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

kriskarrera
Tick Over

Post by kriskarrera »

That's Corsa "B" isn't it? I think Corsa A is what we call Nova. My mum's got the 1.4 Hi torq Automatic, slow as a wet week but it's fine for what she needs.
XU9J4 4ever
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

hey kris yeah thats the same one i have lol!!!

kriskarrera
Tick Over

Post by kriskarrera »

Hehe dunno about yours but my mums must have been owned by a couple of old geezers who just drove everywhere at 20mph because the suspension feels nice and tight. Wish my bloody 405 suspension felt like that. Mind you all me bushes need doing.
XU9J4 4ever
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

ha lol thats pretty cool and a coinsedence! this corsa has had 2 previous owners and both were old dears :lol: anrold clarke has full details of the cars history has always been taken there so always garage repaired. it has new brakes tyres all round and just had most of the exhaust changed. its also solid all round no rust and almost no dents bar the one my mate added to the tailgate :( got alot of reciepts with it too i think up until 2000 it had only 30,000 miles on it but up to 88k now so still pretty low considering the car has never been anywhere long distance or even off a public road lol . but it is in need of spraying and so is the valver so when i have the time and money early next year i will hire a big compressor and do both cars in one go. but i think its a great wee car, it actually shifts considering its a 1.4 auto 4 speed lol
i will get some pics of its faded ass up sometime soon and show you it. ive already binned the 13 inch bicycle tyres and popped some 15 inch tsw stealths with big tyres onbaord.

by the way anyone know if knipping a cm off the front springs would kill the suspension? jus cos it rides a bit higher on the front than back and it handled a bit silly with the bike tyres on lol. thinking of lowering the front a tiny bit to balance it better. any ideas/knowledge? and soz for babblin.

cheers rossco