not fines again! bloody neighbours!

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

not fines again! bloody neighbours!

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

hey folks, thought i'd share my latest annoyance with you all! had a dispute with neighbours over spaces in the car park next to my flat, basically i own 1 space but was using 5 because i had been given permission from neighbours in my stair who dont have cars to use their spaces for free. but other neighbours round the corner in another building (who are all old!) who also own some spaces in the car park had complained to me about how many vehicles i had parked there. i wasnt using their spaces or getting in their way so decided not to move my vehicles as i had every right to use them. well the old biddies phoned the police and accused me of blocking the car park with my car so they couldn't get out of it which was utter nonsense. anyways police came round and issued me with 5x £40 fixed penalty tickets for my vehicles being unlicened! i immediately protested as the vehicles were all sorned apart from the van i had just bought and couldn't do yet. the police then made the effort to radio in and check and then confirmed one of the vehicles was sorned only and claimed the rest were not. the officer then said ok then you can forget about 1 of the tickets but said the rest would stay. i have all my vehicles sorned so am somply being had. to my delight they have also sent a report to the dvla who have now sent me fines totaling £470, when you ad that to the police tickets the grand total comes to £630 in fines in one week. this is really gonna put a halt to work on my projects now as its alot of cash. i cant believe the scumbags they are and dont understand how they have done this, its just wrong.

one p@#&ed off rossco.
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

1990 BX 16v ph2 (now scrapped)
Jezziebx16v

Post by Jezziebx16v »

So are all of the cars sorned? if they are you must have the sorn sheet from the post office or DVLA right? in which case I am sure you will be able to get the fines over turned, if you have not actually sorned them then there will be nothing you can do, except pay the fines!
I had problems with my nieghbour in the UK, I just kept everything above board to cover myself.
Past 16v's: 89 Ph1 Black, 90 Ph2 Grey, 89 Ph2 Black, 91 Ph2 Grey, 91 Ph2 Black.

Now. 94 Datsun Silvia S14 rice rocket, 85 Peugeot 505 Turbo, 77 Ford Capri.
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

as jezzie said, if they are actually SORN'd then you have nothing to worry about, dig put all the sorn'd emails or receipts and take them to the police and send copies to the dvla and then your be okay, but the neighbours there isnt a lot you can do except maybe put a noe in the car saying that it is parked in the space with permission of the owners of flat no# so any future issues have you covered!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
Toddman
Administrator

fines

Post by Toddman »

As said mate - firstly get the paperwork sorted for the van then dig out your SORN papers for the rest of the cars and get copies sent along with the fines to the police and DVLA.

Remember a SORN only lasts for 12 months though.

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
cossie
4000 rpm

Post by cossie »

go here to check that DVLA have got the cars on SORN

http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/

go to Vehicle find
1988 16v

2002 S-Type "R" (rocket?)
cossie
4000 rpm

Post by cossie »

Enquiry, sorry
1988 16v

2002 S-Type "R" (rocket?)
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Question:

If the cars were in a carpark connected to your block of flats, surely this is private property and not a public highway?

If so, the fines can only be for the technicality of not SORNing the cars (computer says no) and not the offence of having an unlicenced car on the road.

I always keep SORN letters and the letters you get these days for scapping / disposing of cars. Trust nobody.

Mike P.
Founder member of the Phase 1 Appreciation Society!
- - - - -
'88 'F' White Bx16v - 62k miles & as seen on TV
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

hey guys, yes the carpark is private, all the flats are privately owned and spaces in the car park are allocated so its no a free for all. already tried to reason with the neighbours explainging i have permission to use spaces but they are not satisfied. tbh they are just a bunch of schemie (ned-like) w***ers. i have now had my ford ka vandalised, quite seriously too, it has been keyed front to back on one side, wonder who done that then? prolly about £500 of damage. one problem is i split up with the girlfriend a week or so ago and all my stuff is mixed up boxed in my garage so finding documents wont be easy. i have sent away a v5 application for my van with the £25 fee and notified them of its sorning at the same time. also spoke to the dvla and explained the situation they said i should write in with as full explanation and if i can find the sorn reciepts they will cancel them. i have checked the status of the vehicles online and they all show sorn from 1/11/08 and the offence is supposed to be on 22/11/08. i dont intend on paying any of the tickets at all, i think i'd rather take it to court and fight it there because the idiot police force have blatantly decided to side with my neighbours as already proven when they knowingly ticketed the saab turbo and then 20 mins later told me they knew it was sorned and would wave that ticket, police dealing with this incident are just pure scum like the rest of them. and as for my vandalised car, which is obvious as to who damaged it, the police said there was nothing they could do about it and for all they knew i could have done the damage myself :? . which of course would make sense seen as ive just spent £650 on new parts for it!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: basta***!!! i hate living in the city.!

rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

exman
Tick Over

Post by exman »

rossco you should be okay with your cars as you have sorned them and not using them on public roads.what to do is definately write to them at dvla and get them to confirm this in writing and take it to the lovely policeman and shove it in his face then write to the police complaints commission complaining about the arrogance of the officer in question and the amount of time wasted on a stupid matter like this.
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

hi there, exman i think thats what i will be forced into doing. unfortunatly there has been more vandalism happened round there as i found this morning which has pissed me off even more now. i went round there today to take the old saab off to the scrapper and had arranged for a mate with a van etc to meet me there to help with moving it, anyways upon arrival to the car park i found everyone there i was expecting but quickly learned that 2 of the saab tyres have been stabbed and punctured and also one of my 16v tyres also stabbed and punctured. iam absolutly f***ing raging with these people now they are the lowest most cowardly form of scum around, believe me if i catch any of them in the act i will inialate them on the spot. and im guessing once again the police will be able to do nothing except hand out little white slips of paper on them.

an even more pissed off rossco :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

exman
Tick Over

Post by exman »

i could help you for a short while as i have a 3 car garage, if you cant get anywhere in edinburgh you can park the old girl here until i sell my house.
CoolCarbon
Tick Over

Post by CoolCarbon »

Sounds like you're having some serious shyte there....just as well the Black Ph2 was removed a couple pf weeks ago... :shock:
Old enough to know better..............but still bought my Old Ph2 back...!
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

hi there, exman, would be very handy indeed but i have no way of moving the car and im looking into moving house at the minute anyways cos im simply tired of this kind of crap.

mike, yeah you car escaped just in time i think! it was these vandals that had me on the phone to frank a few times tyring to speed up the collection process as i was worried about the black car. anyways the black car is one of the vehicles i have been given a total of £280 in fines for the black car. but dont worry i've already accepted responsibilty for the tickets to the police so you shouldn't hear about it. when my ford ka got keyed front to rear it was parked next to the black valver.

cheers rossco

exman
Tick Over

Post by exman »

does it not start as you can move it with a straight bar legally as its classed as a trailer when doing this if you need a bar i have one hope this helps
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

hi exman, thanks for the offer i really appreciate it. unfortunatly the car has 3 popped hp pipes and is missing a wing headlights etc as i was in middle of re-doing the cars body and didnt get finnished. so basically the car is immobile and to top it off has a flat tyre now too! :(

cheers again, rossco