Car polish

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
Jezziebx16v

Car polish

Post by Jezziebx16v »

I went out to give the car a bit of a polish and found my Megs polish in one frozen lump in the bottle :lol:
Looks like I need to keep it in the house rather than the garage, anyway will it be any good to use now it has been frozen? Or should I chuck it out and buy new?

Jez
Past 16v's: 89 Ph1 Black, 90 Ph2 Grey, 89 Ph2 Black, 91 Ph2 Grey, 91 Ph2 Black.

Now. 94 Datsun Silvia S14 rice rocket, 85 Peugeot 505 Turbo, 77 Ford Capri.
tim leech
7000 rpm

Post by tim leech »

Lol if its meguirs the best place for it is the bin anyway :wink: Always found it very had work to use and smeary.
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

Megs is okay, but it is FULL of filling oils! will cover up minor paint issues and mask them for a few weeks before wearing off!!

Jezzie, it will be alright matey just give it a damn good shake when its thawed out,
most polishes and wax's suggest t be kept out of the cold but over here we dont suffer it quuite as badly as where you are matey! :wink:
if you find it then swap the megs for Poorboys matey, a lot better, easier to use, easy on and off in all temps!!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
Jezziebx16v

Post by Jezziebx16v »

Aha, ok thanks.
I know its only a matter of a few quid but I had not even opened the bottle yet !
I must say I have found Meguires to be very good, I even use the car shampoo :wink: Always used it on my black ph2 and the 2.8i back in the UK and was happy with the results.

Jez

Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

megs is alright matey, the gold class shampoo is very good, but in terms of competition from poorboys and chemical guys (both american brands and will be found under 'detailing' supplies! are a lot better!
poorboys do polish with carnauba in both normal and blue, (blue is for darker coloured cars!) and also a wax to suit! both Very good products! easy on easy off etc and Not all that much more than megs now!

for where you are though, you might want somthing with a bit more protection finishing coat wise! anything from the Collintie range will sort you out for the winter months! (i know a bit late now!!!) but a double coat of any of 845 insulater wax, 476s double coat or 915 Marque De Elegance will see you through the winter snows!!
all american brands imported to the uk so shouldnt have too many issues for yoU!!!
have a few american companies in my favorites for supplies which can forward onto you if you like???
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
Jezziebx16v

Post by Jezziebx16v »

Cheers Timmo, have seen poorboys in shops here!
I will try it next time I need to but polish etc, and as for winter protection, I dont need it :lol: My Capri does not leave the garage in winter months.
Only driven it once in the last 3 months and that was only because we moved house.

Jez