A sad day for me

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
Simran
4000 rpm

A sad day for me

Post by Simran »

Today is a very sad day as i waved goodbye to my BX GTi 4x4 :cry:
The upside is that a friend of mine has bought it so i will see it now and then and it will be driven daily and looked after. I almost rang him mid week to tell him i didnt want to sell it, it looked so good cleaned and running again. I got less for it than i wanted, but i have been reluctant to sell it for so long because i love it to bits and would rather it went to a good home which it now has. After sitting still for about 3 and a bit years now, only being started about 2-3 times a year, it still started up first time and sat at the steadiest idle of any car ive ever seen! With a warm up, some fresh fuel and clean all round it looked every bit as good as it did in its magazine shoot two years ago. Its safe to say i will miss it.
Toddman
Administrator

goodbye

Post by Toddman »

Blimey Simran I was getting worried there for a moment I thought you were going to announce you had let the valver go :shock:

I am glad it is not just me that gets attached to cars I doubt I will eve rlet my white valver go it means so much to me.

Good news that you found a good home for the 4x4 though they must be very rare nowadays?

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
Simran
4000 rpm

Post by Simran »

i love my valver even more, theres no chance of that going anytime soon thats for sure, i still have plans for it yet for when i finish uni and can afford to do everything i want to it properly. I had an attachment to the 4x4 because its the longest ive owned any car and all my best driving moments happened in that car, plus i got it in a magazine too!
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

i've got to admit, i saw the title and thought the worst! phew!
good that its gone to a good home matey! especially one you know will take care of it!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

hey, mee too, saw the title and thought you'd crashed it or it had been nicked! very pleased to see it has gone to a good home! at least you still av tha beast tho!

rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

1990 BX 16v ph2 (now scrapped)
Mandic
4000 rpm

Post by Mandic »

Image Don't run your life on diesel
Jezziebx16v

Post by Jezziebx16v »

Clearly the obvious thing to do :roll:
Past 16v's: 89 Ph1 Black, 90 Ph2 Grey, 89 Ph2 Black, 91 Ph2 Grey, 91 Ph2 Black.

Now. 94 Datsun Silvia S14 rice rocket, 85 Peugeot 505 Turbo, 77 Ford Capri.
Mandic
4000 rpm

Post by Mandic »

Contacted him and he said it's no longer for sale and he's currently buying all the bits to fix it 8)

Cheers

Ziga
Image Don't run your life on diesel
Simran
4000 rpm

Post by Simran »

Dont worry guys this car isnt going anywhere. After many people showing interest and then not backing it up with money, i think chris was trying to get peoples attention and make a serious offer as we know that if someone REALLY wants a 4x4, they pay good money for them. Ive heard of one being bought by someone in spain and shipped over there because the guy wanted one so much andother equally clean examples without aircon go for £500+. Chris has already ordered all the parts to sort this car out, subframe mounts, clutch and valve stem seals, ive been speaking to him alot over the last few weeks so this car will be alive for alot longer still. I saw the car a few weeks back and had a quick drive in it around a car park, its still just like it was when i sold it, its in an underground dry carpark so at least it isnt rusting away as it would have been on my drive.