Hello again

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
Channel Hopper
Tick Over

Hello again

Post by Channel Hopper »

Well after a two year break from driving a Citroen, driving a van for the main work and a few motorbikes for the evening stuff (dont worry the BXs are still in the garden), I have chosen another for the pleasurable job of educating the wife to the highways of this country.

Not an easy task, she cannot work a manual gearbox, and I wanted a diesel that could run on almost anything. A car that would not mind being kerbed, dented or abused by somebody with no zero experience at the wheel. Easy to repair by me when required, and no chance of further depreciation.

So I looked, and looked, and finally found one.

A preloved Citroen ZX Avantage 1.9 diesel from 1995, 5 door hatch, in metallic beige.

Costing just under 300 quid with six months MOT, plus a new handbrake cable, oil and filter, new tyres on steels all round, a Sony CD radio and all working leccy windows (and sunroof). And copious amounts of dog saliva on the back seats.

Now insured (ouch) and taxed (more ouch) she is scaring rice puddings throughout the neighbourhood.

Back to a roadworthy Citroen again, and it feels good.
Toddman
Administrator

ZX

Post by Toddman »

Hello mate - good to hear from you again, damn it has been a while :D
We had a ZX TD Memphis for a couple of years until mum drove it into a flood :shock: DEAD - lifted the head so we didn't even bother looking at the bottom end.

I can't remember if you kept the valver ?
If so how is it doing?

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
Channel Hopper
Tick Over

Post by Channel Hopper »

Two valvers, and a third with the Diesel turbo conversion

Still all here, still awaiting the payout from the neighbour that let her brats loose with their car.
Just about to go for the Freedom of Information Act letter, to find out why plod didn't bother prosecuting her for negligence.