The Budget...

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
CoolCarbon
Tick Over

The Budget...

Post by CoolCarbon »

So, following on from a so called budget last week, does this mean that all our 16v BX's are now worth at least £2000.00 :shock:

Not that I am advocating the destruction of any of them, I've got mine back thankfully, off the nuttiscotsman, so have owned it for 16 years apart from a few months in his care... :wink:
Old enough to know better..............but still bought my Old Ph2 back...!
Toddman
Administrator

scrappage

Post by Toddman »

It is a strange thing and not just the budget :(
No doubt there will be a loophole exploitable by dealers and although I have not looked into the small print on one motoring forum some trade based people have said it will not be as simple as going out and buyimng a banger to trade in against a new car.

The budget was a joke just like labour in general - who can remember Harry Hill saying "New labour? New danger?" sadly he seems to have been bang on the money.

Just like when Thatcher got into power the country will be on its knees and the conservatives wil be handed a pison challice - I am not pro conservative I doubt any party actually has an honest agenda.

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
Channel Hopper
Tick Over

Post by Channel Hopper »

This 'trade in' is not a green policy, nor about kickstarting the economy.

It is the people with a vested interest in the car industry (no MP's of course) holding the country to ransom.

Next there will be a roll-out on 'attractive' looking loans to the unsuspecting public, to buy a vehicle they don't actually need.

Everything about this stinks of bankers.
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

hi mike, how are ya? im doin ok, have you got the black one on the road yet? i just bought a welder to sort the red cars door hinge so i can finnish off its bodykit and spray her. anyways let me know how you get on with her.

cheers rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

1990 BX 16v ph2 (now scrapped)
CoolCarbon
Tick Over

Post by CoolCarbon »

thanuttiscotsman wrote:hi mike, how are ya? im doin ok, have you got the black one on the road yet? i just bought a welder to sort the red cars door hinge so i can finnish off its bodykit and spray her. anyways let me know how you get on with her.

cheers rossco
Hi Rossco,

Not on the road yet, hopefully get it MOT'd next month....
Old enough to know better..............but still bought my Old Ph2 back...!
Toddman
Administrator

Post by Toddman »

Channel Hopper wrote:This 'trade in' is not a green policy, nor about kickstarting the economy.

It is the people with a vested interest in the car industry (no MP's of course) holding the country to ransom.

Next there will be a roll-out on 'attractive' looking loans to the unsuspecting public, to buy a vehicle they don't actually need.

Everything about this stinks of bankers.
How true - to quote a chap on another car forum "I am going to trade in my little 1L Saxo and buy a massive polluting Chelsea tractor with huge finance, pollute the country,default on my payments and let the government support me"

It certainly does stink of bankers!

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch