the rare, Random or different cars thread!

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
Timmo
Full Throttle

the rare, Random or different cars thread!

Post by Timmo »

thougth i'd start this thread off for those cars you spot when out and about that are now rare, classic's, or just different! No euro box's please!!! cars with a bit of Soul!!! please dont go out and purposely look for them either! just a case of seen whilst out and about and worthy of a post if you get my drift!

figured most of us will have a camera on the mobile so a prime oppertunity to snap the cars!!

(sadly i dont have any to start off with But! i will keep my eye's open!!)
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

hows a Mk1 Freelander pickup? I see one rather often, but as best i know there where only a handful ever hade and i doubt many are still alive!
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

awsome Vanny!
was going to snap a hand painted dark green old K reg landy but was rainng and cold lol! how hardcore am i lol!!!
is a jag XKR i see most days too, but thats almost on the too new verge lol as its 10 years old haha!
Timmo 8)

Its Because its French!
Simran
4000 rpm

Post by Simran »

First pic!
This is one of the project cars we have at uni. Its a Nissan P35 GT car. It is missing its original engine, suspension and brakes and currently has a puny nissan 300zx engine bodged into it for some reason. I think the plan is over a number of years to get it running with that and eventually turbo it to get some decent power out of it. We have an old Ferrari F1 V12 engine on a bench which would have looked much nicer in the engine bay :lol:

Here she is:

Mandic
4000 rpm

Post by Mandic »

Holly crap, that awesome!!!

And You have that at UNI??? Nice!
Image Don't run your life on diesel
Simran
4000 rpm

Post by Simran »

Just noticed the ferrari engine i mentioned is in the background on the bench. its missing the clutch plates, rocker covers, manifolds injectors and pretty much everything else that isnt inside the block. The nissan was donated/lent to the uni for project use, as far as i know with no promise of it being made road worthy again so theres not much chance of it actually getting rebuilt, if at all. Shame really but most people seem to take more interest in the formula student project or our impreza track car for final year project work.
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

spotted the rarest of Rare yesterday as we pulled into the park and ride carpark, didnt get chance for a pic as the bus was there so a bit gutted and was gone by the time we got back, But, a Silver Honda NSX! :shock: should have said sod it and gone for a pic and missed the bus lol!
Timmo 8)

Its Because its French!
Mandic
4000 rpm

Post by Mandic »

Simran,

Do You have more pics of that beauty?

Thanks

Ziga
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

Not so sure the spoiler is quite what they had in mind though Sim!! :wink:
Timmo 8)

Its Because its French!
Mandic
4000 rpm

Post by Mandic »

Should be angled a bit more, but once set, it will produce lots of downforce me thinks :D
Simran
4000 rpm

Post by Simran »

Haha, yeh that spoiler is just temporary until we can get the original. Doubles up as a white board too, which is handy.

Ziga, next time im in uni, i can take a few more shots, ill try and get some of all the interesting bits of the car, i think it has the front bodywork on it at the moment so that would help show the overall shape of the car.
Mandic
4000 rpm

Post by Mandic »

Sweeeeeeet

Thanks!
Simran
4000 rpm

Post by Simran »

Heres some more pics i took today of the Nissan P35, the front bodywork is on but the rear wheels have been removed since. The engine is that ferrari V12 with one of the cylinder heads taken off. There aren't any pistons or conrods, just a crank so its not as complete as i thought.

Mandic
4000 rpm

Post by Mandic »

Now that is super cool! Thanks!
Simran
4000 rpm

Post by Simran »

In the same workshop is two formula student cars, my supermono project bike, a first shape yamaha R6 track bike, a honda CBR 600f track bike, a peugeot 206 with a 2l in it producing at least 200bhp on gsxr throttle bodies and emerald ecu plus lots of other internal work, dont recognise the newer XU blocks though, possibly GTi6 but it has a 5 speed gearbox. Its missing the coil/spark plug cover and i dont recognise the rocker cover on its own. Theres also a first shape impreza sti track car with super expensive motec data logger (going bruntingthorpe with it on monday for some data logging coursework practical :P ) and at the other end of the building, there is the aerospace workshop, they've got a full harrier jumpjet in there and a helicopter! its a petrol heads dream!