hi all

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
jayw
5000 rpm

Post by jayw »

Rossco, looks like you're one of the lucky ones that's never had to strip one of these nightmares down :shock: Lucky man :!:

Those cut-outs are machined into the Crowns to allow clearance for the valves as the valves get closer to the piston being further out from the centre point of the pot than the 8v. Anything else on the pic is just water ingress.

Either that or you're seeing something i'm not :roll:
Now listen here you mullet...
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

hi there,
i never knew that. :o i thought when you seen indented pistons that was because they had been introduced to the valves!! :evil:
ah i have never had a timing belt failure!! 8) but that is becuase one of the first things i do to a car when i get it is change all the belts even if just been done because if they go then i can take it to the garage again and point my finger at them to fix it. :D :lol:

rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

1990 BX 16v ph2 (now scrapped)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

no cam belt was in one peice had no problems there head is off because of oil leak on back corner
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

well things have starte to move i spent a couple of hours on the zx today !!! woohoo its a miricle the wife let me have some time to myself so the exhaust is wrapped and before any of you ask no i will not do yours !! it was a t**t of a job even with the head off i did toy with the idea of taking the whole manifold off but i coudn't be assed (maybe it might have been easier if i had !)