ax sunroof drainage??

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
Anonymous

ax sunroof drainage??

Post by Anonymous »

does anyone have any knowledge of the ax sunroof drainage??? basically my ax is leaking in water when it rains , ive pin pointed the area where the drip is coming from( drivers side , in front of the accelarator) , and think its maybe being caused by a blocked drain ...my question being , where does the drainage pipe finish?? , as i need to trace if is blocked or damaged , causing it to leak :?
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

i have an AX, and it has a sunroof, but i haven't got even the slightest idea!

If no one else here knows, maybe try finding the AXOC (www.axownersclub.com) and ask in there. They're mostly into stick on parts and bigger engines but always manage to answer my questions!

There is also FCF (www.frenchcarforum.co.uk)

try looking for a drain hole at the bottom of the A-pillar, but i suspect the tube will end before the hole its self. The sunroof glass (assuming its manual) it VERY easy to remove, just press the red tabs!
Toddman
Administrator

ax

Post by Toddman »

Got a GT here as well but neve rhad sunroof issues will have a chat wit bro onc ehe gets back as he ran one for years

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
Channel Hopper
Tick Over

Post by Channel Hopper »

I was offered one of the AX GTs last week for a good price.

Short MOT and tax, and clean inside/out, with the original wheels as well.

Problem was the extreme rust and missing metal around the windscreen, rot in the l/h A pillar, and some holes under the rear l/h window, above the wheel arch.

Is there any known way of building up the metal again round a windscreen or pillar (in the hope it might actually be roadworthy for another few years), or is this just a question of filling and painting to get through one more MOT before scrapping ?
Channel Hopper
Tick Over

Post by Channel Hopper »

oh, and where is the bloody bonnet catch on these cars ?
Jezziebx16v

Post by Jezziebx16v »

Not in the glove box is it ?
Past 16v's: 89 Ph1 Black, 90 Ph2 Grey, 89 Ph2 Black, 91 Ph2 Grey, 91 Ph2 Black.

Now. 94 Datsun Silvia S14 rice rocket, 85 Peugeot 505 Turbo, 77 Ford Capri.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

on the steering cowling....between where your legs go ..
Channel Hopper
Tick Over

Post by Channel Hopper »

Nah, I checked.

Not like the BX at all under there

Any other clues ?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

:? , thats where the mk2 is , so dunno then :cry:
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

think Mk1's have it in the passenger foot well, kind of hidden around by the middle of the dash, but the Mk2's had a pull release under the steering wheel (same place as a BX but more central)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

do any of the AX models have a leccy sun roof as the manual ones do not have drain pipes at all,and bonnet release is behind the bottom of the steering colum shroud,just follow it down from under the steering wheel then run you fingers off the edge then upwards,your water ingres is more likly to be either blocked bulkhead drain or the dreaded tin worm has attacted the back of the scuttle
regards malcolm
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

the sunroof drain is fine , the leak seems to be coming from the drivers side door , somewhere around the A pillar :?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

dose your car have a leccy sun roof and if so how did you check the drains
regards malcolm
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

no . the sunroof is manual ....i checked the drains by removing the glass sunroof and pouring water down the drain hole , which cleared no problem :D
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

i was not aware the manual sunroof had a drain,did you see were the water came out
regards malcolm