Superspray!

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
Timmo
Full Throttle

Superspray!

Post by Timmo »

Right! I have been trying out and helping develop some new products for a guy and after he popped down yesterday to drop off some more samples for me (didn’t realise Quite how far down I am from Bristol! :shock: ) I thought I might post up a review of the cooler item I have been playing with!! And because I got some more of the shampoo too!! :D

This is the Superspray!
What it is, is basically a unit that plugs straight onto the end of a normal hose pipe via hozelock type connection and mixes at a set rate to provide one of many different uses, I have been using it on the car and house windows!
The shampoo solution used is mixed at 100:1(300ml shampoo and 300ml water – 600ml bottle supplied) and with this ration allows for a lot of good foaming and cleaning! And more importantly It looks Cool! 8)
So the pictures of my testing area for today!

The greenhouse!
Now the glass on the greenhouse has never had any treatment and is rarely washed except for Cornish winters!!
So the process is as follows!
Blast with water through the Superspray,

Turn tap on the side of Superspray to allow the mixture to come through,

leave to dwell on the surface for a few minutes, (picture taken as finished covering the glass!)

Picture taken 2 minutes after,

The rinse of ,

this super simple way of doing it left the glass nice and beady! 8)

And from inside to get the effect!

quite impressive considered the shampoo leaves a smooth finish to the glass! And especially as it used approximately 50ml of the shampoo! ( a full bottle is enough for 2 cars!)

I also had a play with some of my Supa Snowfoam too! Also mixed at 100:1

good coverage from normal outside tap pressure too!

I’ve used the shampoo as a pre soak to washing the car quite a few times and found it excellent!! The shampoo has been designed to bond to the dirt and add ‘lubricity’ to the surface, I have to say, rinsing the car, then superspraying the shampoo on it and then washing as normal made washing a lot easier especially on a dirty car like the wife’s!! My microfibre sponge (hate mitts! Too heavy on the hand) could glide around the panels making it a lot easier! And gave a really good finish too!
I am very impressed with this for a washing aid! (can also be used to feed lawns as well amongst many other things!!) And especially as it cost me just over a tenner! (more shampoo is extra though! :wink: )
Thoroughly impressed with this! Would recommend one to anyone!

Am in contact with John quite often through feedback fro the various samples he bought down for me and am going to see what price he can do them at for forum members! Try and get a bit of discount!
You can get some more info and pictures on www.superspray.co.uk if your interested!

I am very pleased with mine! 8)
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Very good :D

But I can just imagine the conversation your elderly neighbbours are having:

"Ernest, come and look at this. The weirdo next door is washing and photographing his greenhouse again" :lol:

Mike P.
Founder member of the Phase 1 Appreciation Society!
- - - - -
'88 'F' White Bx16v - 62k miles & as seen on TV
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

HAHAHA! your prolly close to the truth there matey! more like 'Shirley, You wont beleive what he's doing now!!' (spoken in broad cornish!!) :D :D
Timmo 8)

Its Because its French!
Dave
3000 rpm

Post by Dave »

Timmo,

For the layman, would you say the superspray would do something similar to this if filled with your regular car wash. Now that winter is approaching I was thinking about getting one.

the gilmour
Prefer it to the Lamborghini, like Signor Gandini!
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

Dave, the gilmour produces a lot moe foam when used with snowfoam But you need good water pressure! but wiuth n ormal shampoo its not so good! and unles you get the mixture correct it uses a lot of concentrate!
tbh matey, for an extra fiver over the price of the gilly (£50 insterad of the £45 for the gilly) you could get a foam lance foe your prressure washer which blows the gilly away,
vfm though you cant beat the superspray! £10 delivered if you mention my name when ordering! (do it through email rather than buy it direct of the site!)
Timmo 8)

Its Because its French!
Dave
3000 rpm

Post by Dave »

Hi Timmo,
Thanks for reply, thought you would have an idea about them. I know what you mean about the pressure washer. Only thing is, I cannot always be bothered to get the washer out. Keep it in the shed. By the time I have accessed it and set it up I will have lost the will to start. So, thought when nec. could use one of the above products. I do have a kind of bottle that attaches to my pressure washer that you would put conncentrate in. It gently sprays whatever onto whatever. I suppose at a push that would do. If I go for the Superspray will do as you say though.
Prefer it to the Lamborghini, like Signor Gandini!
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

Yeah, i know the boittle attatchment youhave! there not bad as they go! but a bit thirsty as such!
the SS is a good tool for washing/pre-rinsing depending on whatyouwant it for! have used it b efore on the wifes car as a simple wash basis and insed it down, foamed it and washed it without needing to drag a bucket around! (rinsing the mf sponge out with the normnal spray on the SS)

but can also be used togood effect as a pre treater as such to a normal bucket wash!
works well with any shampoo! the tesco normal shampoo (blue bottle yellow lid) is actually pretty good through it and cheap too!!;)

as said, if you want one drop John an email through the SS site and tell him i sent you and you should be good fo some discount!!
Timmo 8)

Its Because its French!