Not a BX but super economical... 106 for sale, 1.5D, £450

Offer your parts and cars for sale here.
djoptix
4000 rpm

Not a BX but super economical... 106 for sale, 1.5D, £450

Post by djoptix »

Hey people... I'm selling my 1.5 diesel which I bought as a stop-gap while my AX was being repaired. The AX is now mended so this has to go! The car has MOT for another 6 months. The tax is up at the end of this month but I can tax it again at buyer's expense. The car has its V5, service logbook, owners' manual and a couple of previous MOTs. It's done 130k with service history to 115k, so I have no reason to doubt the mileage. It will keep going to 200k quite happily I should think, as long as you keep changing the oil...

Bad points first. The car needed a new heater matrix when I bought it and I still haven't got round to fitting the replacement. I've blocked the hoses in the engine bay so the matrix doesn't leak, but obviously the heater doesn't blow warm air at the moment. This shouldn't be a problem over the summer though I suppose. The car will come with the replacement matrix included in the sale. Also, there is a knocking when driving round right-hand bends under power. I'm guessing this is a wheel bearing - ithasn't got any worse since I've had the car but it will need attention at some point.

The engine is great, still pulls strongly and burns no oil. 5 speed gearbox (don't know if the 106 ever came with 4 speed? The AX did), light clutch and the brakes... well. The brakes could best be described as "functional", because the discs and pads are worn to death. I have bought the replacement discs and pads but haven't had time to fit them, so they will be sold with the car. The best thing about this car is the economy - as with all the 1.5 diesels, it's pokey enough whilst still returning over 50MPG.

The previous owner had recently had new glow-plugs fitted (allegedly), so it starts first time every time, even when it's freezing outside.

The bodywork is A1, a few very small dings here and there but overall I'm amazed at how tidy it is. There is only one rust spot that I can see, shown in the pictures - on the roof in one of the roofrack rails. The car has a sunroof and a "visit Cheshire's canals" sticker which WILL be included in the sale!!!!!!lolz!!! etc.

When I bought the car it had been rather neglected. Since I've had it, it has had several oil changes, two oil filters, new air filter, coolant change, a full set of brand new matching tyres (the spare also has good tread), new trims, electrics sorted out so they're all A1 now, new washer pump and a Panasonic CD head unit which will come with the car. The car has JBL 4" speakers in the front doors and JBL 6" speakers in the parcel shelf. The car is also wired for a sub (pre-out from the head unit, control wire and beefy +12v line all run to the boot).

The interior is also in very good condition, with no rips or burns, and a new set of mats. It has a leather 106 XSi steering wheel fitted.

I've enjoyed driving this car, it's longer geared than my AX and so is much more comfortable at motorway speeds, and generally feels like a more complete car. However, I like Citroens and so I'm going back to the dark side! Now that fuel prices are set to keep going through the roof, it's a good time to have a small economical diesel. This car is up at £450, which incidentally is a fair bit less than what the car owes me, but it has to go. Or if a BX person wants to make me an offer...

Any questions - post here, I'll be checking the thread.

Red phase 1, 84k
Silver phase 1, 67k
"Man who run in front of car get tyred; man who run behind car get exhausted..."