possibility of a sale, ph2 16v red

Offer your parts and cars for sale here.
ajswallow1
Tick Over

possibility of a sale, ph2 16v red

Post by ajswallow1 »

Just testing the water really

im not desperate to sell it, but if i get the right money i will.

I bought it about 3 months ago and it clearly needed some work. I have already spent £500 on it and driven less than 1k. it needed a new crank sensor and new steering couplings as the steering was sloppy as hell, plus a few little extra bits and pieces.

its only got 64k miles and im the 4th owner. valvers are rare as it is, particularly with miles and owners as low as this. Its got loads of history and the last MOT cost £700! It has tax until the end of july and MOT until November. Its a 160bhp J reg so one of the last!

Its a great car and i love it. but i have a project car that i really have to get started on and just dont have the space for the pair of them.

mechanically the car is sound i had it all checked out by the guys who fixed it. the only fault is a slight LHM leak on the front sphere other than that its great and goes like a rocket. The body work is a bit tatty unfortunately it is red and as we all know 80s red paint jobs have a habit of turning into all manner of colours. when i bought it it was a combination of salmon, pink, rouge, terracotta etc. i have since treated the paint and it looks much better. The bumbers have small carcks and the car has a few scratches here and there. the car is by no means a minter to look at but as i say mechanically its great. it would be a great car for an enthusiast to return it to its full glory. The car has ZERO rust i couldn't believe it, ive had younger BMWs with loads more rust. it has full electrics windows etc, and even has remote central locking that all works. it also has the full le mans interior.

Im looking for £1100 ovno. iv already had offers of over £750 for the engine box and loom. as XU9J4 engines are virtually impossible to find now with miles this low. I would HATE to see this car broken and would much rather sell it to someone who would love it. The car isn't advertised elsewhere as id rather offer it to you guys before anyone else.

Any questions just ask.

Andrew
Julek

Post by Julek »

Please read my posted reply to the white 107k. (17th July)If i can't find an LHD soon, I'll have to buy an RHD.

Julek
arwush

Post by arwush »

hi, certainly interested. can you post any pic's?

Andrew
mad marty
Tick Over

red 16v

Post by mad marty »

still for sale?? if so pm me, thanks.
activa mk1 and still wants a good 16v
mad marty
Tick Over

Post by mad marty »

just seen the date on the post ,oops!!
activa mk1 and still wants a good 16v