89 F BX 16v FOR SALE , ONLY ONE OWNER !!

Offer your parts and cars for sale here.
Kitch
5000 rpm

Post by Kitch »

If someone had told me there was a ph1 on here for £1500 I'd have had to wipe my screen clean after I spat my my drink all over it. But....that is probably is sound asking price! Someone needs to jump on those C-pillars before they take hold, but otherwise a very tidy car. A-pillars and engine bay look fantastic, possibly the tidiest I've seen online. I'm only up the road from this car by the look of it (is that Segensworth?), can inspect it if anyone from miles away wants to enquire.
Julek

Post by Julek »

Yo, I just crashed my 16v last week and it's a write off. I'm still looking for a LHD but will buy an RHD if neccessary (though I would prefer a cat engine, which again is a problem). I'm due in England in December and will be looking for an LHD before that. At around 107k I would have no serious problem paying a bit into four figures...

So if the timing's right, and your ebay sale doesn't work,please let me know and we'll talk. Obviously if I'm sure there's nothing LHD that could suit, I'll have to go RHD, but I'm still looking.

Julek
Adrian E

Post by Adrian E »

Now doing quite well on ebay (was North of £1k when I last looked)
JAMES BROWN
Tick Over

Post by JAMES BROWN »

Car is in Hedge End just of junction 8 kitch if anyone wants you to view it !. Im still slightly confused with the pricing of these cars. Ive been offered £600-£700 just by people wanting to 'break' it for the engine & wiring for a 205 . For any more sporty classic car that needs next to no work & can be used staight off for shows id happily pay up to 2k. Ive got a two owner from new 92 golf mk2 gti which owes me a fortune as ive had to go though the whole car & it still wont be as nice an original as the citroen. :(
Adrian E

Post by Adrian E »

Unfortunately the pool of potential buyers for all BXs is dominated by those looking for a cheap run about - the 16V is either not considered suitable by them (because of the demands of keeping the motor sweet with cambelt changes) or is too frantic for those who prefer to drink from the black pump.

That leaves enthusiasts who either have a selection of 16Vs already or are on the look out for good cars to cosset. It's not a big pool of people, but they do exist.

I know from experience how much values of usable classics have increased - I used to run Mk2 Cortinas and looking at values now they bare no relation whatsoever to the sort of money you could get for one 10 years ago!

We have a p1 16V like this one, but in silver and with 50k covered (FSH), which I wouldn't let go for less than £2.5k if the minor paint issues were sorted.
Kitch
5000 rpm

Post by Kitch »

JAMES BROWN wrote:Car is in Hedge End just of junction 8 kitch if anyone wants you to view it !. Im still slightly confused with the pricing of these cars. Ive been offered £600-£700 just by people wanting to 'break' it for the engine & wiring for a 205 . For any more sporty classic car that needs next to no work & can be used staight off for shows id happily pay up to 2k. Ive got a two owner from new 92 golf mk2 gti which owes me a fortune as ive had to go though the whole car & it still wont be as nice an original as the citroen. :(
Aha, I work in Hedge End on Botley Rd! And theres me thinking I had the only one in the area!

Good luck with the sale, certainly the nicest ph1 I've seen.

though I'd throw the tailblazer in the bin
JAMES BROWN
Tick Over

Post by JAMES BROWN »

Just round the corner from me Kitch. Havent seen yours around yet, do you drive it much ?.
Well adrian, i dont think my original £1500 was out of the way for my car. If yours has only 50k that must be a very rare low mileage example & £2500 seems a fair price to me. I think there must be quite a lot of interested people as it now has over 200 watchers on ebay & its had more than 1600 views. Im starting to have second thoughts about selling it ! :?
Kitch
5000 rpm

Post by Kitch »

Don't drive it much mate, no. Hasn't been on the road since last June now, needs a new dosuer valve and really could do with a decent HP pump. Got some rust-prevention to do on it before it's back too, but I'll be selling my TVR next year and some of the money raised will go towards getting the old girl out again.

Can't say I blame you for having second thoughts. I put mine on ebay once having lost my temper with it (over things I'd done wrong on it!) and got 83 watchers and just under £1k after 4 days on a 10 day auction. I bottled it and pulled the auction, then threw £500 at it in guilt (fixed the PAS, tappy engine etc) and it was the best thing I ever did. Still love it to this day, and it's no where near as tidy as yours!
Kitch
5000 rpm

Post by Kitch »

Good money mate, congrats! :D
Adrian E

Post by Adrian E »

Yep, even with ebay fees taken into account that's a good result :D

Do point them in this direction if they aren't aware of the site/club and are interested

Adrian
JAMES BROWN
Tick Over

Post by JAMES BROWN »

New Owner collected her today. :( ,Car has gone to Lancashire . Hes a Citroen / Peugeot guy & had a Bx before so im glad shes gone to a good home. Im sure your see him at a few shows . I think it was worth every penny & i hope he gets a lot of enjoyment ! Thanks to all for your interest & help.Ill stay on the look out for more Bx stuff for you guys !