89 F BX 16v FOR SALE , ONLY ONE OWNER !!

Offer your parts and cars for sale here.
JAMES BROWN
Tick Over

89 F BX 16v FOR SALE , ONLY ONE OWNER !!

Post by JAMES BROWN »

Hi every One. Im new to this site so i dont think any of you would have seen this car & it hasnt been seen at any shows before.
It is a 1989 F reg Bx 16v ( Pre Cat Model im told ) in white with 107k which has had just One Owner From New. It is completely standand ,has its Original handbook pack , Citroen mud flaps , front mats , boot liner , bleupunt cassette player & fire extinguisher . Engine & gearbox are perfect , has service history stamped with supplying dealer every year till 2002. I dont have as yet any history after this date but it has been to the same garage for its Mots since 2006 according to the Vosa web site so i will enquire. Also comes with a press pack which includes brochures & prices lists etc from 1988. Body & Paint is excellent , only a few minor marks. Trim is like new , never been smoked in. Electrics all work fine , even the remote locking plip. Car is moted till next year.
I would love this car to go to someone who would enjoy owning it. Im not looking for silly money & only for sensible offers . So if anyone is interested or wants more info as im sure ive forgotten things than let me know.
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

Do you have any pictures?

And a price?
JAMES BROWN
Tick Over

Post by JAMES BROWN »

I will have the camera with me tomorrow so i will take lots of shots for you. Being not to good with computors im unsure how to post them on this site unless you can tell me or i can email them ![/img]
Adrian E

Post by Adrian E »

Hiya

Just put a sticky at the top of this section with instructions on how to do it :D

Price would be useful, otherwise someone WILL offer you 50 quid and expect you to take them seriously - a ballpark will do

Adrian
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

Adrian E wrote:Price would be useful, otherwise someone WILL offer you 50 quid and expect you to take them seriously
Spoil sport :D
scrappydoo

Post by scrappydoo »

James,

Are you a motor trader per chance?
jayw
5000 rpm

Post by jayw »

Can you PM me a phone number so i can come have a look?

Cheers.
Now listen here you mullet...
JAMES BROWN
Tick Over

Post by JAMES BROWN »

JAMES BROWN
Tick Over

Post by JAMES BROWN »

JAMES BROWN
Tick Over

Post by JAMES BROWN »

Thanks Adrian for your help & info. If anyone wants me to take a pic of something in particular than let me know.
Had a good look round it to day . According to the Vosa site it failed on stiff suspention , all the spheres have been replaced & I cant see any leaks from the system .The exhaust rear boxes look recent although the only fault & probably with the whole car is a blow from the manifold .Rear tyres are very good , spare is original tyre which dosent look used , fronts are fine although the n/s/f is starting to get down.
Again all the electrics & gauges work fine. Starts , idles fine hot & cold.
I pulled the boot tray out & the carpet is like band new.
Im looking for £1500.00 for the car or there abouts . I would love to keep it but i have quite a few other Retro classics at the moment , i just cant stop buying things but storage is a problem for me now & id rather see it enjoyed than sat somewhere rusting away.
Just let me know if you want to view.
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

I'd reccomend posting pictures of both inner wings (under the bonnet, include top of the suspension strut), and a picture of the hinges on each front door. These are known weak points in the car.
NZ16v
3000 rpm

Post by NZ16v »

OMFG that looks mint. If someone on this site doesnt buy this car, its is positively unforgivable!
Would rather be driving ONE 16v,than fixng TWO.
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Excellent looking car you have there :D

Being picky (or over observant :roll:) the front bumper is either a replacement or has had work done on it because the black insert is bigger than standard.

With regards to price, £1500 is top dollar for a Bx 16V. Sadly their rarity now hasn't been reflected in price rises yet.

I have sold (and bought) a 16V for 4 figures in recent times but you have to find the right buyer.

Mike P.
Founder member of the Phase 1 Appreciation Society!
- - - - -
'88 'F' White Bx16v - 62k miles & as seen on TV
JAMES BROWN
Tick Over

Post by JAMES BROWN »

JAMES BROWN
Tick Over

Post by JAMES BROWN »

Have posted some pics of the pillars & inner wings. I cant see any rust in these areas at all.
Only small bit i can see are at the bottems of the rear arches.
May have had a bumper but i cant see any evidence of major crash repairs . It is HPI clear by the way.
Price is open to offers :)