Grey H reg 165K CatB write off.

Offer your parts and cars for sale here.
jayw
5000 rpm

Post by jayw »

I'm afraid you DEFINITELY can't have it reclassified.

The only time a reclassification is possible is after a stolen car is later recovered.

The problem is that it was classified upon the opinion of a loss adjuster at the time and there would be no way to prove to anyone whether that was justified or not. You have a short time after the loss adjuster visits to argue the toss but after 5 years they won't even entertain you.

I agree, this is obviously a huge mistake but it can't be rectified as there is no longer any proof that the car wasn't horrendously damaged to a Cat B worthy condition. It may be obvious to look at but that won't help.

It may be worth contacting the ABI as they may be able to poke the people responsible (the Insurance company that wrote it off) into checking if it's a clerical error but i suspect it was just the adjuster's cock-up.
Now listen here you mullet...
ollie
4000 rpm

Post by ollie »

So in essence some numpty who we don't know writes some crap on a peice of paper we never see and thats that with no appeals procedure - great - what it is to live in Britain!

Oh well I'll carry on as I am then! and maybe add John onto the notor trade policy!
jayw
5000 rpm

Post by jayw »

As I said, you could have appealed it (if you'd known) at the time, but as soon as the settlement is accepted the case is final.
ruffgeezer
Tick Over

Post by ruffgeezer »

The issue of course comes if you get pulled by a copper with ANPR on board, it'll flash up as CatB which will invalidate your insurance anyway, its a big risk to be taking.
jayw
5000 rpm

Post by jayw »

ANPR doesn't work like that.

It will only flash up if the car isn't on the insurance database, it knows no other details. So providing the car is insured the old bill will be none-the-wiser.

Other than the actual existence of MOT & Insurance (TAX is civil and not covered by police ANPR only DVLA), ANPR will only ping if the PNC has been programmed with a marker on your vehicle.