Triton Green Valver for Sale

Offer your parts and cars for sale here.
dougaldog
Tick Over

Triton Green Valver for Sale

Post by dougaldog »

Please note that I will be reluctantly putting up for sale the above car in the next two or three weeks. The reason for this is that I've acquired an Alfa and I've no space to store the Citroen. It's not my preferred option but I've no other choice. I'll get some photographs over the next few days but this is the car I purchased last summer which has been rebuilt.

There is very little wrong with the car apart from the usual age-related issues and is Taxed until the end of November this year and MOTd until January next year. The car is now on a J plate as all components come from this car (the shell is from a K plate Hurricane).

History. The car has been on the forum before, originally Himbo's and then ste s. I purchased this car to finally obtain a genuine valver but under close examination there was too much corrosion for a quick repair. The car was reshelled and once complete inspected and passed by the DVLA as a genuine 16 valve model. The V5 reflects this (the current chassis number is on the V5) and they are satisfied the car is a genuine model as per their rebuilding rules.

During this work (as I had the intention of keeping it long term) several major components were replaced/overhauled as follows:

Overhauled front struts (ex pleaides)
New front spheres
All wheels refurbished
New front tyres
Engine head and sump gaskets replaced
Gearbox with altered 3rd and 4th gears fitted
New handbrake cables
New radiator
Shell and boot area soundproofed
Front wheel bearings replaced
Coolant hoses changed to blue set supplied by Baker BM
Oil hoses replaced by prototype Baker BM set
Rocker cover gasket renewed
Doseur valve changed
Front steering swivel balljoints renewed
Heater matrix changed for aircon type (but not commissioned as rest of aircon system not fitted)

Probably a few other things I've forgotten.....

There are only a couple of jobs left to do which are awaiting better weather:

Rear anti roll bar to change for 16v type
New rear 16v spheres to fit
These will be supplied

Rear height corrector leaking slightly.

The engine has modified Kent cams and had to had the head gasket renewed (new bolts were fitted) after the compression dropped when the engine was installed. Suspected the original stretch bolts were torqued but cannot prove this. The car performs perfectly and goes like a valver should although with the closer ration third and fourth gears it feels faster to 60mph....

A working Clifford concept 100 alarm is fitted.

I'd rather the car went to a member of the Club as it would get a good home. There is no rust to note of on the car and is structurally sound. The paintwork is good with only the usual stonechips spoiling the finish.

I've thought about letting somebody keep it on the road for me (a form of dry lease) until I can move house next year and have storage space but as I have nowhere I'm going down this road.

Due to the condition of the car I'd like £1500 for it. Others will no doubt see it differently.... :wink:

Please get in touch if you have any ideas for storage or are interested in it. As stated I don't really want to sell up but have no real choice. Thanks.
frog
3000 rpm

Post by frog »

Best of luck with the sale mate, I'm looking forward to the pictures!
Jezziebx16v

Post by Jezziebx16v »

Knowing Dave personally, I'm sure this car is up to scratch and worth the money, good luck with the sale.

Hopefully something will turn up so you dont have to sell it.

Jez
Past 16v's: 89 Ph1 Black, 90 Ph2 Grey, 89 Ph2 Black, 91 Ph2 Grey, 91 Ph2 Black.

Now. 94 Datsun Silvia S14 rice rocket, 85 Peugeot 505 Turbo, 77 Ford Capri.
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

I didn't realise that you'd bought that 16V :roll:

I went to view it when Mark (Himbo) was selling it in Sheffield. It was quick but I wasn't impressed by the rust in both of the front inner wings.

Spoke a bit with Ste when he was buying it and I remember him selling it on quickly but hadn't put 2 and 2 together with your reshell.

Mike P
Founder member of the Phase 1 Appreciation Society!
- - - - -
'88 'F' White Bx16v - 62k miles & as seen on TV
dougaldog
Tick Over

Post by dougaldog »

Thanks folks. I knew of the rust when I bought it but in fairness it became more apparent when interior trim was removed to 'personalise' it. I had an ex-car welder at work who was more than willing to repair the rust but when we started to dig a bit deeper structural members under the tail hatch floor were internally corroded and the front suspension turrets had started to suffer also.

The decider was when we started to prepare the ineer wing area and found the sills had started to go. All of this was do-able but as the spare shell was available it was 'quicker' to transfer the parts (the welder was off to Oz for a few weeks).

Jezzie is correct in that the car has been well treated. Looking for a store but cannot find one unless I pay for it......
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Did you manage to swap over the stuck on bodykit parts like the skirts and rear arch spats :?:

Did you also have to swap the subframes and much of the hrdraulics :?:

Curious for photos please :D

Mike P
- - - - -
jmcc

Post by jmcc »

Possibly interested - photos please :)
dougaldog
Tick Over

Post by dougaldog »

Gents,

The car is at work in London so will post photos when I'm back there next week.

Mike-The from wings were transferred over, all the skirts and rear arch spats were removed and secured using rivets and sikkaflex, same as the original.

The subframes were not transferred as both were in good condition. The octopus and flow distributor piping were renewed a couple of years ago and while the engine was out the routing was tidied. The returns from the security valve and front height corrector were also renewed.

The rear quarterlight panels are the same on the Hurricane so were not disturbed.
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

I'd always assumed that the 16V had model specific subframes.

Just curious because I don't think I've met anybody before who has reshelled one.

Mike P
- - - - -
dougaldog
Tick Over

Post by dougaldog »

I've done a couple of conversions in the past. In the early 90s I thought the same too. Bought a written off valver and reshelled using a 16TRS shell. The front subframe was badly damaged and from memory the valver one was quoted at around double the price of a standard one. The dealer got in touch with Slough and they weren't too certain what the difference was neither. They said perhaps it was more expensive as the fast model carried a premium. The non-valver version went in with no issues.

Maybe it was a thicker gauge steel but it didn't appear so. Happy to be enlightened though.

Did receive a straight jacket for Christmas though......
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

Going by the limited details in the workshop manual, bar the engine / drive train related stuff, the only differences between valver and non 4x4 models are the ARBs, body kit (obviously) and the front towing loop. I've seen valver and non valver front subframe together and never noticed a difference.
dougaldog
Tick Over

Post by dougaldog »

Folks, pictures as promised.

Image[/url]

Kitch
5000 rpm

Post by Kitch »

Get her on Pistonheads classifieds there mate, plenty of people always asking if mine's for sale so they might be browsing classifieds too.
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Reminds me of my first Phase 2, that was a J reg in Triton Green with a leather interior fitted at the time that I sold it.

I note that you haven't fitted the quads :?:

Mike P
- - - - -
dougaldog
Tick Over

Post by dougaldog »

Always liked the Triton Green version. Will leave the car off the classified section for a couple of weeks in case something comes up first.

Acquired a set of new headlights for the Morrettes but after running it for a while reverted back to the standards. Nothing wrong with four but for me it doesn't really work. Something about an 80s car with square headlights......