GTI 8v with 16v engine

Offer your parts and cars for sale here.
LeeMutz

GTI 8v with 16v engine

Post by LeeMutz »

Hi

Just taken a BX off my mate, its a GTI 8v 1992 with a 16V engine, tarox grooved discs all round, 15" TSW wheels, Sebring Exhaust, Green Air Filter, Been sat approx 5 years, will be putting an MOT on it in the next week or so, pics below after a quick clean... Thought Id offer it out to you guys rather than either break it or sale it to a breaker, as there isn't many left now

Price = OFFERS

Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

You might want to list it on the BXClub as well.

Any idea of mileage, when the conversion was done, does it have the official stamp of approval from VSA?
LeeMutz

Post by LeeMutz »

Hi, just waiting for a text off my mate about mileage.. Conversion was done by my mate who I just got the car off, it is still registered as a 1.9 8v, and as I wont be driving it on the road as I already have 2 cars it would be up to the new owner to change this with DVLA etc etc.. The person who did the conversion has dont it all to a very good standard, he even mentioned something about modifying the rear trailing arm with a grease nipple to stop it becoming dry and wearing and failing an MOT? anyway, it is what it is, not overly keen on the car as I have too many projects at present.. Any sensible offer would be considered, I would say the engine & running gear is worth a bit on its own :)
BazGTMi
Tick Over

Post by BazGTMi »

Location might help too!
PSA-holic!
LeeMutz

Post by LeeMutz »

Sorry, Gloucestershire UK
Ocellia
Tick Over

Rear bearing

Post by Ocellia »

That rear bearing grease nipple is an old CCC owners trick from WAY back! Good stuff!
Owned DSs, CXs, Traction, GSAs, even a Saxo or 2!
PAIMEI34
Tick Over

Post by PAIMEI34 »

nice car :wink:
To be "X" or not to be...
RobC
3000 rpm

Post by RobC »

PAIMEI34 wrote:nice car :wink:
lose those mirrors though!
jayw
5000 rpm

Post by jayw »

My main concern would be whether it has/needs a cat due to the age of the car?
Now listen here you mullet...
Adrian E

Post by Adrian E »

jayw wrote:My main concern would be whether it has/needs a cat due to the age of the car?
It doesn't need one - would be surprised if it has one, although a check of the engine code to make sure it's a 'full fat' valver would be a good plan.

When cat's were introduced they were required on 'new types' from August '92 IIRC, but on existing types not till about '94.

Because the BX wasn't a new type in '92 even if it had one originally you can quite legitimately remove it without issue come MOT time
LeeMutz

Post by LeeMutz »

No CAT.. Took it for a spin today, goes like stink, in fact its very fast... Got it on ramp at local fast fit centre, cant see of anything it could fail MOT on, so its having a full polish up etc and MOT this week.. I'll post up engine code when this is done...

Have had a few people asking us to break it as they want the engine and running gear etc but really dont want to have to do this :( Hopefully an MOT and then eBay
LeeMutz

Post by LeeMutz »

PS, where is the engine code located??
Adrian E

Post by Adrian E »

Should be on the front of the engine facing you when you're stood in front of the car - it's VERY small and buried under the inlet manifold so takes some finding! From memory it's to the drivers side of the engine
LeeMutz

Post by LeeMutz »

Thanks will take a look..
Ocellia
Tick Over

NOOOO! Not eBay!

Post by Ocellia »

eBay will encourage the choppers! I'm sure someone in Citroen circles will have it.
Maybe me!

Let me know when it's ready to see Lee? You have my address. Can be up on short notice.(With cash!)
Chris
Owned DSs, CXs, Traction, GSAs, even a Saxo or 2!