Two 16valvers sadly breaking

Offer your parts and cars for sale here.
Kitch
5000 rpm

Two 16valvers sadly breaking

Post by Kitch »

Hi all,

Not been on here much, but just as a heads up I'm in the process of breaking a faded red G-plate 16v and G-SEG for spares. Not everything will be available, but a good portion will be. Full threads on BXC for more info, but drop me a line if you need anything. I don't intend to throw anything away.

Rich
Gary C
4000 rpm

Post by Gary C »

Rear arch spats, front anti roll bar, drop links, etc (possibly the whole front subframe etc if price is right), poss lights, indicators, wings, doors etc basically anything that could get damaged at Brands this weekend!
badlyworntoy
3000 rpm

Post by badlyworntoy »

suspension tops ?
1991 Citroen Bx 16v phase 2
1972 Vauxhall Viva HC 16v C20XE
1993 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
1983 Vauxhall Chevette 2.0 Pinto
1991 Lada Riva (still having ideas)
Kitch
5000 rpm

Post by Kitch »

Gary C wrote:Rear arch spats, front anti roll bar, drop links, etc (possibly the whole front subframe etc if price is right), poss lights, indicators, wings, doors etc basically anything that could get damaged at Brands this weekend!
I've got a front end's worth of lights and a complete subframe, along with four doors, but the only issue is I won't be able to get those all off until I've stripped the insides, as the cars are stored outside.
Kitch
5000 rpm

Post by Kitch »

badlyworntoy wrote:suspension tops ?
Top mounts on the struts?
badlyworntoy
3000 rpm

Post by badlyworntoy »

Yes mate, Its the rubber part I need, but not sure if they are detachable from the rest. I've never stripped one down before.

let me know please.
1993 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
Kitch
5000 rpm

Post by Kitch »

Yeah they're a seperate part, you're better off with a new one!
badlyworntoy
3000 rpm

Post by badlyworntoy »

Other than the dealers any idea where they can be purchased?
1993 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
Kitch
5000 rpm

Post by Kitch »

eBay? Factors? Can't say I've ever looked for one as I've never had one fail.
Gary C
4000 rpm

Post by Gary C »

Kitch wrote:
Gary C wrote:Rear arch spats, front anti roll bar, drop links, etc (possibly the whole front subframe etc if price is right), poss lights, indicators, wings, doors etc basically anything that could get damaged at Brands this weekend!
I've got a front end's worth of lights and a complete subframe, along with four doors, but the only issue is I won't be able to get those all off until I've stripped the insides, as the cars are stored outside.
Is the subframe etc off the car? Front end damage yesterday - steering/suspension area Won't know exactly what is needed if anything until I get a proper look tomorrow evening.
Kitch
5000 rpm

Post by Kitch »

Gary C wrote:
Kitch wrote:
Is the subframe etc off the car? Front end damage yesterday - steering/suspension area Won't know exactly what is needed if anything until I get a proper look tomorrow evening.
It's not mate. In fact the engine's not even out of it yet! I can definitely put your name on it, but I need the car to be mobile for a good few weeks yet.
Gary C
4000 rpm

Post by Gary C »

I see on BXC that the faded red 16v was bought for £100 plus you have spent about £50 in fuel. So how about I take it off your hands for £150 as is. You could keep the seats etc to sell on as I do not need them for Bertie. It would mean a 16v will be scrapped but not before everything of use for the race car is removed including body and chassis sections.
Kitch
5000 rpm

Post by Kitch »

Gary C wrote:I see on BXC that the faded red 16v was bought for £100 plus you have spent about £50 in fuel. So how about I take it off your hands for £150 as is. You could keep the seats etc to sell on as I do not need them for Bertie. It would mean a 16v will be scrapped but not before everything of use for the race car is removed including body and chassis sections.
Sorry I bought it with the intention of (unless by some miracle it was viable to save it) breaking it for spares myself. The spares are worth way more than £150 to me, hence why I'm not selling all of them :lol:

I intend to keep the subframe from that one as it's mint, but the one from G-SEG is a bit of a patchwork quilt, but I would imagine perfectly fine for racing.

Rich
Gary C
4000 rpm

Post by Gary C »

Apologies. I read it as you wanting to make some space as it was not a viable project.
Kitch
5000 rpm

Post by Kitch »

No worries. You're right it's not a viable project, and really I don't have the space but I'm planning to get on and take it apart as soon as I've moved my shed :lol: