Full suspension push bike with hydraulic disc brakes anyone?

Offer your parts and cars for sale here.
Kitch
5000 rpm

Full suspension push bike with hydraulic disc brakes anyone?

Post by Kitch »

I'm selling my bike to make space and raise funds :(

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

dont believe in bike cleaner then!!! mine is cleaned after every ride! the rear cassette chain mechs etc are gleaming!
i have to say matey £80 for a 6 year old bike is a smidge optimistic a starting price!!! but best of luck anyways!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Bit risky that piccy....leaning it on the BX :wink:
tecw1979

Post by tecw1979 »

how much is this likely to fetch... im split now between your zx or your push bike!:P i dont reall need a car... and i really should get fit again... i prefer winter riding too... but the 16v zx is something ive wanted for a while... :S would posting the bike be an issue?
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

posting a bike isnt that bad! best thing is to get a bike box from your local bike shopand package it up!! doesnt cost a great deal either by courier!
Timmo 8)

Its Because its French!
Kitch
5000 rpm

Post by Kitch »

But to put it in a bike box means I'll have to dismantle it which I was trying to avoid.

(And no I don't believe in the cleaning stuff, it drys things out. Just keep it well greased, I learnt that when I was a cycle mechanic) :)

If its not worth more than £80 anyway then I'll keep it - for £80 its not worth selling I don't reckon. I know bikes aren't worth much these days, but it hasn't done much work since new really, the odd off road blat maybe.
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

Kitch wrote: (And no I don't believe in the cleaning stuff, it drys things out. Just keep it well greased, I learnt that when I was a cycle mechanic) :)
not wanting to start an argument here matey but, as a cycle mechaninc you ought to have learnt that its important to keep things clean and dirt free using specific bike lubes to maintain and protect the running gear!
Finish line bike chain cleaner cleans and lubes! and there wet lube is top stuff!
when i worked in outdoor sports and used a LOT of bikes we used to try and cheat the system and use cheap motor oil to lube up all the bikes after they were used (used daily during the week baring weekends) but the grief we had from it was not worth it! the bikes were only kept for a year and sold but the ones that were used and properly maintained (instructors bikes) had no issues from those that were lubed up with lesser products!
Bike maintenence is much like car maintenence! do it properly and you'll reap the benefits!
sorry for the moan matey! but things like this really get my goat!
Timmo 8)

Its Because its French!
Kitch
5000 rpm

Post by Kitch »

Timmo wrote:
Kitch wrote: (And no I don't believe in the cleaning stuff, it drys things out. Just keep it well greased, I learnt that when I was a cycle mechanic) :)
not wanting to start an argument here matey but, as a cycle mechaninc you ought to have learnt that its important to keep things clean and dirt free using specific bike lubes to maintain and protect the running gear!
Finish line bike chain cleaner cleans and lubes! and there wet lube is top stuff!
when i worked in outdoor sports and used a LOT of bikes we used to try and cheat the system and use cheap motor oil to lube up all the bikes after they were used (used daily during the week baring weekends) but the grief we had from it was not worth it! the bikes were only kept for a year and sold but the ones that were used and properly maintained (instructors bikes) had no issues from those that were lubed up with lesser products!
Bike maintenence is much like car maintenence! do it properly and you'll reap the benefits!
sorry for the moan matey! but things like this really get my goat!
Tim, its not a competition. If you have a certain way of doing things, then do it that way. I didn't work in a outdoor sports shop, I was a cycle mechanic. If I want advice on a car, I ask a car mechanic. I don't ask someone who sells cars.
From what you've written it does sound like you're trying to start an argument. Why should it get your goat? I'm only selling a bike. If you disagree about how its been maintained and wouldn't touch it with a barge pole, fine. Make your decision and stick with it. Don't come on here telling me I don't know what I'm doing.

Now, can we get back to topic please?!
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

Sorry you took it the wrong way mate!
Bets of luck with the sale!
Timmo 8)

Its Because its French!
tecw1979

Post by tecw1979 »

so back to my question... how much u looking for? and would you pack and post for a fee? im carless at the mo...

oh and im over 6ft... will it be big enough?!
djoptix
4000 rpm

Post by djoptix »

tecw1979 wrote:I'm carless at the mo...
I know of a BX TD for sale...

8)
Red phase 1, 84k
Silver phase 1, 67k
"Man who run in front of car get tyred; man who run behind car get exhausted..."
Kitch
5000 rpm

Post by Kitch »

tecw1979 wrote:so back to my question... how much u looking for? and would you pack and post for a fee? im carless at the mo...

oh and im over 6ft... will it be big enough?!
In honesty to you matey, I'd say it'd be a squeeze. If you're 6ft you really need something bigger, even though the saddle is high on its lowest setting, its still only a SWB 16in frame. Your knees would change gear with each pedal :lol:
Daniel B
4000 rpm

Post by Daniel B »

I would agree, a 16" frame would rarely be big enough.

I am 5ft 10/11, and I ride a 17" Marin, but due to the different way they measure their frames, that works out at about a 19" in other makes of bike.

You are looking for 4" of clearance between the family jewels and the cross tube if possible, so a lot of it depends on your inside leg measurement.

If your looking for a good value new bike, then look towards the GT Aggressor, or Mongoose Tyax - both can/could be had for under £200 delivered.

You'd still need to sit on one to see what the right size would be.

As a guesstimate I would say around a 20" frame.

Dan
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

20" framne would suit a 6 footer very well! (thats what mine is!) to get the pedal stroke set right you should sit ont he bike and put your heal of your shoe ont he pedal atthe bottom of the stroke and your leg should be straight! if not then adjust the saddle height until you get it spot on! makes for a whole lot more enjoyable riding!
Timmo 8)

Its Because its French!
docchevron1472
4000 rpm

Post by docchevron1472 »

My god theres a bit of a science to this bike riding thing aint there!?!
I had an original Raliegh Chopper Mk2 till some swine stole it. Had air horns and everything!

The day I passed my driving test I took a grinder and gas cutter to the bike and aint ridden one since but I'm sure it's good exercise... I'd rather have a smoke and a drink or 6!

Good luck with it Kitch, you've got the right idea, sell bike, keep car!

Cheers
Chris G
1990 BX 16v Phase 2
1989 BX TD hybrid
1971 BL 350FG Ambulance (unique)
1993 Dennis Lance 132
That's when I reach for my Revolver