Pedgren Racing

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
Anonymous

Pedgren Racing

Post by Anonymous »

Is there any interests of our team driving a BX 16v in swedish endurance racing?

Placed 18 of 34 last race, total standing is place 10 and we have only one race left this season.

On 3 wheels:

Some more racing pics: http://www.ercup.se/bilder/index.asp?S=pedgren&Go=S%F6k
Mandic
4000 rpm

Post by Mandic »

Why is there so much roll comparing that other car (volvo?)?

What kind of suspension setup is it running? also lots of -ve camber can be seen on some pics.

Cheers

Ziga
Image Don't run your life on diesel
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Mandic wrote:Why is there so much roll comparing that other car (volvo?)?

What kind of suspension setup is it running? also lots of -ve camber can be seen on some pics.

Cheers

Ziga
The car normally dont roll so much.
The suspension setup is a bit complicated, its very much done to it and i dont know or can explain it all.
At this last race the front height corrector was broke, so it was WAY too high :(
On some pics the camber looks extreme, thats because the front subframe was broken into 2 pieces, but since this is endurance we finished the race anyaway because fullfilling the race gives important points.
The funny thing is that the car runs as fast as the other cars in the corners, even BMW´s with very extreme and expensive chassi components :) On the straights we have no chance with our 160hp...
Mandic
4000 rpm

Post by Mandic »

Thanks!

well some pics of suspension and inside the car are always welcome :wink:

Cheers

Ziga
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I dont have any pics of the inside of the car or the suspension now, but I can get some next time I go to the garage.
Inside it looks like almost any other race car, no interior left, only a full roll-cage and a racing-seat with 6-point belt.

The spheres are custom built by a previous owner, no idea how they works, but they are very stiff. We had a problem that a sphere was punctured so now we have Xantia Activa spheres at front and they work fine.
There are hydractive valves mount both at front and rear to prevent roll. The upper mounts for the front struts are custom built for adjustable camber and also lowers the car, thats why there are holes in the hood. There is a strut brace front too.
The rear anti-roll bar is welded together with another so it is double.
The engine is almost standard, but has a chip with higher revlimiter, 7500rpm. Cat Cams with adjustable pulleys, Dastek unichip and mapped in dyno.
Mandic
4000 rpm

Post by Mandic »

seems quite cool. Thanks!

Why did You lower the car using mounts and not by height regulator? "Spring" stiffness is high, so no need for suspension travel anyway?
There are hydractive valves mount both at front and rear to prevent roll.
What do You mean by this? Where exactly have You mount them and why?

Hydractive valves are used for engaging and disengaging 3rd sphere, no need and totally irrelevant on std. BX suspension. Or am I missing something?

Cheers

Ziga
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Mandic wrote:seems quite cool. Thanks!

Why did You lower the car using mounts and not by height regulator? "Spring" stiffness is high, so no need for suspension travel anyway?
There are hydractive valves mount both at front and rear to prevent roll.
What do You mean by this? Where exactly have You mount them and why?

Hydractive valves are used for engaging and disengaging 3rd sphere, no need and totally irrelevant on std. BX suspension. Or am I missing something?

Cheers

Ziga
The car is lowered on the height correctors too :)
And the car is built this way by previous owner, we bought it race-ready ;)

The hydractive valves also has the function to block LHM flow between left and right to prevent roll, most BX racers do this modification.
Mandic
4000 rpm

Post by Mandic »

aha, maybe it is needed at very stiff suspension steups when sphere is unable to act and there is a risk that fluid would flow into sphere on the other side...

Cheers

Ziga
Gary C
4000 rpm

Post by Gary C »

When and where is the next race? How long is it? And do you have a driver vacancy? Have helmet will travel. :lol:
Mandic
4000 rpm

Post by Mandic »

:lol:

Good one!

BTW, Gary and Dagger, where did You get Your roll cages? from OMP?

Cheers

Ziga
Gary C
4000 rpm

Post by Gary C »

Ours is a BX Sport cage built in-house to FIA Group A homologated specification.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Gary C wrote:When and where is the next race? How long is it? And do you have a driver vacancy? Have helmet will travel. :lol:
Lol, it would be fun but we have no vacancies now, only one race left this year. In this cup we drive 6 hours. Can you handle a LHD? ;)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Mandic wrote::lol:

Good one!

BTW, Gary and Dagger, where did You get Your roll cages? from OMP?

Cheers

Ziga
I think ours is homemade, and its made for FIA specs too.
Mandic
4000 rpm

Post by Mandic »

Do You have any pics during building it?

Cheers

Ziga
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Mandic wrote:Do You have any pics during building it?

Cheers

Ziga
As I said before, we didnt build the car, we bought it race-ready.