SS exhausts

All aspects of tuning,modification and repairs to the BX 16valve.
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

its getting the downpipe right being the key from what i know!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

And as Timmo says, I used the standard downpipe until it levels off to retain the "siamese" centre plate to give 4 to 2 to 1 airflow.

Mike P.
Founder member of the Phase 1 Appreciation Society!
- - - - -
'88 'F' White Bx16v - 62k miles & as seen on TV
RichL
Tick Over

Post by RichL »

Nice system there Mike! The rear box looks about the same size as standard, personally I'd be trying to squeeze as big a box as I could in there without melting the spare tyre.

Having taken a look underneath yesterday the rot isnt as bad as I thought and she can probably scrape an MOT with another handful of goo, though I think theres enough goo around some sections that the internal bore is about half an inch in places.... :?

Is what GSF lists as "intermediate pipe" the pipe from the manifold to the front section, and the bit that needs to be siamesed?
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Rich,

The system is spot on in volume and tone on the outside of the car but it's a noisy drone inside, hence why I put almost standard size front and rear boxes in the system. As a non daily driver though, the exhaust is a pleasant reminder of the cars performance and reminds me to put my foot down :D

The downpipe is the part that is siamesed in an OE system and best to retain as I have over aftermarket downpipes. I would define the GSF "intermediate pipe" as the section that goes from the back end of the downpipe to the cross box and what I would call a ? (question mark) pipe as that's what it looks like.

Mike P.
Founder member of the Phase 1 Appreciation Society!
- - - - -
'88 'F' White Bx16v - 62k miles & as seen on TV
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

the intermediate pipe is defo the one mikes explainging as i havce had one fo them!!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!