Faulty coil

All aspects of tuning,modification and repairs to the BX 16valve.
Dave
3000 rpm

Faulty coil

Post by Dave »

I have just been checking over a few things today and found the part of the coil where the plug fits on swivels round and round (the brass bit, cannot think of the name). This would not seem normal, could someone possibly check theirs. It may be the reason for the problem I had with starting. I now have the nice clean 4* in having removed all the stale yellow looking stuff. Started fine, at first then had the same problem again with starting. Ok both times today though so may have worked through. Just wonder about the coil right now.
Prefer it to the Lamborghini, like Signor Gandini!
kriskarrera
Tick Over

Post by kriskarrera »

Well depends how much effort u have to put in to make it swivel I guess! Mine was loose once and I just crimped the HT lead connector tighter.
XU9J4 4ever
Dave
3000 rpm

Post by Dave »

kriskarrera wrote:Well depends how much effort u have to put in to make it swivel I guess! Mine was loose once and I just crimped the HT lead connector tighter.
Do not think I worded the question too well. I am talking about the part on the coil itself, the bit you see when the ht lead is disconnected. It is that which appears lose. Anyway, car has been ok for last few days since I asked so hopefully the new fuel has sorted the problem I had. If it occurs again I will have to check things out further.