Pedgren Racing

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
Mandic
4000 rpm

Post by Mandic »

Doh, sorry, slipped my mind,

Cheers

Ziga
Image Don't run your life on diesel
Gary C
4000 rpm

Post by Gary C »

TheDagger wrote:
Gary C wrote:When and where is the next race? How long is it? And do you have a driver vacancy? Have helmet will travel. :lol:
Lol, it would be fun but we have no vacancies now, only one race left this year. In this cup we drive 6 hours. Can you handle a LHD? ;)
Used to race a BMW 535, had no problems sitting on the wrong side. Also used to run a left hooker 911. 8)
Mandic
4000 rpm

Post by Mandic »

Anyone know where I could get second hand cage, perhaps?

Cheers

Ziga
Image Don't run your life on diesel
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Gary C wrote:
TheDagger wrote:
Gary C wrote:When and where is the next race? How long is it? And do you have a driver vacancy? Have helmet will travel. :lol:
Lol, it would be fun but we have no vacancies now, only one race left this year. In this cup we drive 6 hours. Can you handle a LHD? ;)
Used to race a BMW 535, had no problems sitting on the wrong side. Also used to run a left hooker 911. 8)
This is maybe intreresting ;)
If you drive our car, you maybe can give us some tips whats good and what is bad with our racer because you have a lot of experiance of racing with a BX :)
Gary C
4000 rpm

Post by Gary C »

Which tracks do you race at? Which is closest? Perhaps I could make it over for a test day.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Gary C wrote:Which tracks do you race at? Which is closest? Perhaps I could make it over for a test day.
Sturup would probably be the best choice since it is both racetrack and airport :)
We also race at Knutstorp which is not far from Sturup, both is in south sweden near Malmö.
We had races at Anderstorp and Kinnekulle this year, next year we maybe race some more tracks :)

If you want to and have the time, please PM or mail me more details on your race engine, I found some info on the mainsite but not everything I want to know.
RichL
Tick Over

Post by RichL »

TheDagger wrote: The hydractive valves also has the function to block LHM flow between left and right to prevent roll, most BX racers do this modification.
How easy / expensive is this to do? I'm wondering how well it would work on a road car.

I've noticed both you and Gary run Phase1 front bumpers. Is there an aerodynamic or cooling reason for this , or is it just because they're easier to get hold of than genuine Phase2 bumpers?
Toddman
Administrator

BX

Post by Toddman »

RichL wrote:
TheDagger wrote: The hydractive valves also has the function to block LHM flow between left and right to prevent roll, most BX racers do this modification.
How easy / expensive is this to do? I'm wondering how well it would work on a road car.

I've noticed both you and Gary run Phase1 front bumpers. Is there an aerodynamic or cooling reason for this , or is it just because they're easier to get hold of than genuine Phase2 bumpers?
The reason Gary runs a P1 bumper is because A - it is a P1 shell and B - the P1 bumper is lighter.
Can't comment on The Daggers set up though.

Rich if oyu want a better/more sporty suspension set up come and drive my car or speak to some members who have been in/driven it I truly beleive you will struggle to beat the combination or handling and ride it is no where near as harsh as my brothers xsara vts but it is superb on the twisties :twisted:

It is the rear spheres that make the biggest impact.

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
Anonymous

Re: BX

Post by Anonymous »

Toddman wrote:
RichL wrote:

The reason Gary runs a P1 bumper is because A - it is a P1 shell and B - the P1 bumper is lighter.
Can't comment on The Daggers set up though.

Rich if oyu want a better/more sporty suspension set up come and drive my car or speak to some members who have been in/driven it I truly beleive you will struggle to beat the combination or handling and ride it is no where near as harsh as my brothers xsara vts but it is superb on the twisties :twisted:

It is the rear spheres that make the biggest impact.

Cheers
Luke
The front bumper reason is same for us.

I dont think the setup we have with hydractive valves does so much, the spheres and the double antirollbar rear is most important.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Now the last race for the season is done and sadly our BX only lasted 30 minutes.
One of the main bolts holding the front axle got loose, which resulted in a broken subframe. Nothing we could do about it in the track, even if we could bend the frame a bit and get a new bolt the car would not be driveable.
I will get back with final result when its published, probably we end up with a 13:th place or something.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Another cool picture from last race.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

We ended up at place 10 for this season overall, third best FWD car :)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Some changes for 2007 season.
The BX has been replaced by a 205 GTi, of course equipped with a tuned XU9J4. Previous owner claims 207hp and its probably close to the truth. First tryout on our hometrack (Ring Knutstorp) the car after only some warming up laps were 5 seconds faster than the BX. Now we are fighting with the big guys :)

The BX is still in the garage, its for sale but noone has show any interest.