Somebody may want it?

Offer your parts and cars for sale here.
IanC

Somebody may want it?

Post by IanC »

Hi guy's

I have a grey BX16v (H reg) which has sat on my drive for over 3 years. I took it off the road when the fuel line leaked and never got it going again. Anyway, it's going to the breakers as soon as I can arrange the transportation, but I thought I'd see if anyone in the Derby area was interested in having it for free first.

I plan to get it moved in 1 weeks time, so let me know before then if you would like to see it.

It's Ph2 body with Ph1 engine etc (no cat).

Please note, I don't intend to break this car on my drive. It has to go complete.

IanC
Carpe diem
Jezziebx16v

Post by Jezziebx16v »

I would say one of our Midlands members will snap this up :D Where is Mr Leech?

I did think about moving this thread but as IanC would not be able to see it, it would be a bit pointless.

Jez
Past 16v's: 89 Ph1 Black, 90 Ph2 Grey, 89 Ph2 Black, 91 Ph2 Grey, 91 Ph2 Black.

Now. 94 Datsun Silvia S14 rice rocket, 85 Peugeot 505 Turbo, 77 Ford Capri.
big D
Tick Over

Post by big D »

Pm Sent

Dave
tim leech
7000 rpm

Post by tim leech »

Looks like im too late lol, Im in derby if its falls through Ian.
IanC

Post by IanC »

big D wrote:Pm Sent

Dave
Pm back to you matey
Carpe diem
IanC

Post by IanC »

tim leech wrote:Looks like im too late lol, Im in derby if its falls through Ian.
Ok matey, will let you know :)
Carpe diem
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

so its going to a 205'er
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

1990 BX 16v ph2 (now scrapped)
tim leech
7000 rpm

Post by tim leech »

I doubt it why?
IanC

Post by IanC »

Jezziebx16v wrote: I did think about moving this thread but as IanC would not be able to see it, it would be a bit pointless.

Jez
Thank's for not moving it Jez :D

It's good to see that there are people still interested in the Valver. I used to sell them at a main dealer when they were in production. Fantastic car, but not without it's quirks.lol

I did about 45,000 in this one and had some problems (never with the engine tho). Though I'd say the fun factor out weighed the problems :)

I had intended to "do it up", but putting two kid's through uni and general family life put paid to that idea. Sure, I could have got it running again but I would not have been happy because I would have wanted it to be perfect. I couldn't afford it, simple as that.

If this car had conventional suspension and another makers badge on the bonnet I wouldn't have been shocked to see it as a best seller.

Ok, so some engines have found there way into 205's and for all I know that's where mine will end up? But as much as I love the Valver's, I don't begrudge 205 owners from wanting what is a fantastic engine.

If all goes well I should be waving a tearful bye-bye to my Valver tomorrow. I'm sure those of you that really love these cars will know exactly how I feel. I mean, it's taken me over 3 years to even cosider getting rid of it!

Who know's, maybe one day i will be back on here looking for another?lol

Thanks to those who have expressed an interest in my Valver and I wish you all many enjoyable miles :)
Carpe diem
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

Ian, if you have any problems getting shut then let me know, i have PM'd you to the same extent.
cavmad
Tick Over

Post by cavmad »

"Have truck will travel". Seriously, I know the world and his wife want it now but if it doesn't go can I be 43rd (or wherever you're up to) in line? :lol:
Recovery, delivery/collection and scrap and unwanted vehicles collected West Cheshire area. Cash paid for most abandoned, unwanted and scrap vehicles if local, anything considered.
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

funny enough i was gonna use your truck to recover it if needed
IanC

Post by IanC »

She's gone now, thank's Dave :cry:

Thank's again for all your offers to have my Valver. There can't be many 17 year old cars which so many people want to get hold of? It's a testament to the performance and character of the Valver and about time Citroen produced another car of such calibre.
Carpe diem
cavmad
Tick Over

Post by cavmad »

Vanny wrote:funny enough i was gonna use your truck to recover it if needed
I know mate, and I was all set to fire her up ready for the road trip!
Recovery, delivery/collection and scrap and unwanted vehicles collected West Cheshire area. Cash paid for most abandoned, unwanted and scrap vehicles if local, anything considered.
big D
Tick Over

Post by big D »

Yep I got the car and im very happy with her.
So much so....Hope your sitting tight and bet you have never heard a 205'er say this before but im actually thinking of perhaps putting her back on the road!!!!! :shock:

The car is not bad at all and rot is very very minimal. Only trouble I have with her is a locked up starter but I will change that tomorrow evening and see what happens.

I was pleased to find it is a model with the plastic coated hydraulic lines and brake lines so defo a plus in its favour

Dave