16v for sale.... maybe

Offer your parts and cars for sale here.
csg100
3000 rpm

16v for sale.... maybe

Post by csg100 »

Hey guys,

I'm considering selling my 16v :( I'm spending too much time and money on it, when I really want to spend my spare cash on the Rover.

It's currently got no tax or MoT and it's leaking LHM from somewhere. Doesn't sound too good, I know, but if someone was interested I could get the leak sorted and hopefully get it through an MoT.

I've done a fair bit of work in the last 14 months on it including 2 front wheel bearings, octopus, plugs, dizzy cap, rotor arm, coolant temp sensor, oil temp sensor, rocker cover gasket, clutch cable, diesel fan switch, idle control valve, inlet mani gaskets a couple of oil/filter changes plus some general tidying.

I've also put in twin cooling fans (although the second isn't wired in yet), a stainless steel scorpion back box and a K&N filter.

Bodywork is a bit tatty - paint is faded. I'm currently refurbing the bumpers though so hopefully they'll come out ok. Looks ok after a polish though.

Engine runs fine though and it certainly goes and stops well.

Jobs that I know need doing for the MoT:
Fix LHM leak
Fix ABS (light stays on)
Other less important jobs:
Fix speedo (lower cable needs replacing)
Could do with a cambelt change as I have not idea when it was last done(I have one ready to go on). last owner said it had had a top end rebuild, but I have no evidence to support this.
Fit new oil temp sensor (I have one, just waiting for the next oil change)

There's a few pics here:
http://www.carlgibbs.com/gallery/main.php/v/mycars/bx1/

So would anyone be interested? Not sure what to ask for it really, I suppose it depends on how much work I get done on it. but then again I haven't driven it for 7 months, so fixing it and driving it could make we want to keep it! I'm gonna put it up for sale in a few places and will see what happens.

I'd consider some sort of part ex for something sensible with a bit of power and plenty of MoT. I'm currently looking at a T5 Volvo to give you an example.
Carl
---------------
1990 Citroen BX 16v
1982 Rover 3500SE
1988 Volvo 360 GLT (for sale)
www.carlgibbs.com/gallery
big D
Tick Over

Post by big D »

What you after mate as is ?????

Dave
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

sorry to hear that carl! i know it can get you down!

current engine and loom prices hsould be promising though! would look at least £550ish if only for hte lump, box and loom!

(if you decide to split it, i mihgt be interested int he scorpian back box!)
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
csg100
3000 rpm

Post by csg100 »

I'd rather not send it to it's death TBH, but at the end of the day it's not mint and if people are after a 16v they'll often want a tidy one. I'm not fussy about that sort of thing which is how I ended up with it :) I've done my best to restore what I could on a limited budget though!

However, as usual I've got myself into the position of lusting after another car when the my current one is giving me headaches! Which usually means a change is on the horizon!! But we shall see.

Big D - as I said I'm not really sure what it's worth. Even though it's not legal it does work at the moment - I just need to suss out the LHM leak and it'll be fine. ABS light has been on for months but brakes all still work ok. As Timmo says the engine/box is worth a fair bit by itself, but I'd prefer it all to stay as one. The new car I'm interested in is up for sale at £700 - I may not get that from the BX but I'd like to get a fair bit of the way there!
Carl
---------------
1990 Citroen BX 16v
1982 Rover 3500SE
big D
Tick Over

Post by big D »

Ok mate thats fair enough and very understandable

If you want me to make an offer in a few weeks time if you have no luck selling just pm me

Thanks for your rapid response

Dave
csg100
3000 rpm

Post by csg100 »

No takers on my little baby then? I'm really in the mood for a change, and although I don't want to stick it on ebay for the vultures I'm almost tempted to try it as I could really do with the money right now.
Carl
---------------
1990 Citroen BX 16v
1982 Rover 3500SE
Jezziebx16v

Post by Jezziebx16v »

Much as I hate to say it Carl if you need/want to sell it, and you have had no takers on the forums what else can you do?

Have you tried piston heads to advertise it?

Pretty sure I have this problem to come in the future as mine could be up for sale soon :cry:

Jez
Past 16v's: 89 Ph1 Black, 90 Ph2 Grey, 89 Ph2 Black, 91 Ph2 Grey, 91 Ph2 Black.

Now. 94 Datsun Silvia S14 rice rocket, 85 Peugeot 505 Turbo, 77 Ford Capri.
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

only thing you can hope and pray on is the short suply of Mi's of late and that yours is a runner it will fetch good money!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
csg100
3000 rpm

Post by csg100 »

Well I've decided it's got to go. I'd like to own another 16v in the future, but for now I want to concentrate on the Rover which means I haven't got any spare time/cash to fiddle with the BX. Instead I need something with plenty of MoT that'll keep me going over the winter.

I've been talking to Big D about it, and he has first refusal, but if anyone else is interested please let me know. Otherwise it'll probably end up on ebay at the end of the week...

If it does go on ebay I'll sell most of the spares seperately, so watch this space.
Carl
---------------
1990 Citroen BX 16v
1982 Rover 3500SE
csg100
3000 rpm

Post by csg100 »

Carl
---------------
1990 Citroen BX 16v
1982 Rover 3500SE
csg100
3000 rpm

Post by csg100 »

£255. Gutted :(
Carl
---------------
1990 Citroen BX 16v
1982 Rover 3500SE
Jezziebx16v

Post by Jezziebx16v »

Get an MOT on it and try again Mate, I'm sure you'll have more luck then.
Past 16v's: 89 Ph1 Black, 90 Ph2 Grey, 89 Ph2 Black, 91 Ph2 Grey, 91 Ph2 Black.

Now. 94 Datsun Silvia S14 rice rocket, 85 Peugeot 505 Turbo, 77 Ford Capri.
csg100
3000 rpm

Post by csg100 »

Unfortunately there's no guarentee I'd get my money back if I put an MoT on it though. And the whole point of getting rid of it was to avoid spending a load of time getting it ready for an MoT. I've already line up a replacement car so the BX unfortunately needs to go. Sooooo, it's back on the bay to try again...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0143069819

If it doesn't reach the reserve this time I'm gonna have to seriously consider breaking it, which would be a shame :(
Carl
---------------
1990 Citroen BX 16v
1982 Rover 3500SE
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

try chaning the text to a different fault for start, the content is spot on, but in times new roman it looks rather bland. Might want to break it up a little more as well?

Did you get any interest from people emailing directly?

Do you have it advertised anywhere else (petrol heads, ccc)?

It really shouldn't go for such a low amount, even to a pugger it MUST be worth 300+
csg100
3000 rpm

Post by csg100 »

Vanny wrote:try chaning the text to a different fault for start, the content is spot on, but in times new roman it looks rather bland. Might want to break it up a little more as well?

Did you get any interest from people emailing directly?

Do you have it advertised anywhere else (petrol heads, ccc)?

It really shouldn't go for such a low amount, even to a pugger it MUST be worth 300+
Someone's bid now so can't change anything, ah well.

Got a bit of interest, but the only definate offer was £260 which is too low IMHO.

It's on here, BX Club, Overbore and Retro Rides. I guess I could register on the others and post it up.

Putting the 205/309 Mi16 tag in the title seems to have attracted a new bidder, which is obviously a Pugger so maybe the final price will be a bit higher this time.

Cheers for your input!
Carl
---------------
1990 Citroen BX 16v
1982 Rover 3500SE