this anyone round here??

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

this anyone round here??

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

quite funny really, follow the link then scroll down to vw stu's post.

http://www.clubgti.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89617
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

1990 BX 16v ph2 (now scrapped)
SimonA
Tick Over

Post by SimonA »

I *ahem* did Exeter to Edinburgh 465 miles as I recall in a wee bit under 4 hours 40 in the Mk1 16 valve I had at the time once ... nah I must have miscalculated ! :shock:
... and there are unknown unknowns
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

haha! thats great!

ive not got any good times on long distance dives unfortunately, but have some cracking times fort short blasts aound here!!!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
RichL
Tick Over

Post by RichL »

Well, many many years ago, a erm, man I met in a pub somewhere, once did from the A13 in Essex round the lower M25 to Gatwick at 6am on a Sunday morning and only dropped below 100 when going through the Dartford Tunnel, and demonstrated that in a phase 2 BX16v at 6800rpm the speedo needle reads close to the manufacturers quoted top speed...

Not me of course, I always stick within the legal limit.
RobC
3000 rpm

Post by RobC »

when i 1st got my 16v i used to run between bristol and brighton to see my gf, often in the middle of the night. would usually hit the A329M within the hour, and then another hour or so to brighton.

the m23 at 2am is pretty quiet! 8) 8)

happy days :twisted:
ollie
4000 rpm

Post by ollie »

eh hum, I've met a few nutters in the pub as well, " but i can't remember when officer" :lol: one of them travelled from the depths of cumbria one sunday day time in an Onion 1.4, doing the 200 miles to Birmingham in a shade over 2 hours, oddly enough a "local" had a old BX 1.4 which averaged 100+ for 2 hours on the mile markers on the A1 when theyre only quoted as doing 99 when new... weird what people rememeber about there youth, good job I'm nearlt thirty and far more responsible than all that.