Quiet

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
tim leech
7000 rpm

Quiet

Post by tim leech »

Is it me or has the forum been very quiet lately, I havent seen a post from Luke for ages, does anyone know how he is?

On a brighter note, i wish all 16v owners a MERRY B-XMAS!!! :D
Dave
3000 rpm

Post by Dave »

No Tim, it is not just you. I was almost on the verge of posting a similar message, however as I do no post a lot, you could say I can only blame myself so held off. I do check over the forum and have noticed a week goes by without anything new recenlty. Hope people are not getting rid of their 16 valvers. :cry:

This is a great site and there is always help at hand for the cars when needed. Much more than forums for other cars.

Perhaps Christmas and the lead up has kept everyone busy.

Merry B-Xmas to you and everyone else too :!:
Prefer it to the Lamborghini, like Signor Gandini!
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

hey guys,
yeah i third that, not much activity, i assume everyone is just workin mental with xmas coming, i know the restaurant where i work has been mental for weeks!

and no! lol i will never give up the valver :D i aint fitted the NOS yet !! :lol: :lol:

and merry b-xmas to all

rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

1990 BX 16v ph2 (now scrapped)
Jezziebx16v

Post by Jezziebx16v »

I think with the run up to Christmas and people generaly having busy lives could be the answer, plus I guess a few people have sold there 16v just lately.

I dont think its an uncomfortable silence though, whenever I look in there is normally a few members logged on.

Happy Christmas, hope everyone has a good one :D

Jez
Last edited by Jezziebx16v on Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Past 16v's: 89 Ph1 Black, 90 Ph2 Grey, 89 Ph2 Black, 91 Ph2 Grey, 91 Ph2 Black.

Now. 94 Datsun Silvia S14 rice rocket, 85 Peugeot 505 Turbo, 77 Ford Capri.
tim leech
7000 rpm

Post by tim leech »

Jez you didnt tell me your lives in the canadian mountians dude, hence why theres a echo!

Your right though, there has been quite a few peopel selling there cars off, which of course is the natural progression, plus in the winter months the last thing you want to be doing is standing outside tinkering in the freezing cold so hence theres no chat.

2008 will be a big year for my car, ive realised i CAN do work myself, so much so Santas bring me a tool kit to broaden my skills, so watch this space :D
Jezziebx16v

Post by Jezziebx16v »

tim leech wrote:
2008 will be a big year for my car, ive realised i CAN do work myself, so much so Santas bring me a tool kit to broaden my skills, so watch this space :D
You can if you think you can Tim, will save you a few quid too :)

The echo has now been deleted LOL.

Jez
Past 16v's: 89 Ph1 Black, 90 Ph2 Grey, 89 Ph2 Black, 91 Ph2 Grey, 91 Ph2 Black.

Now. 94 Datsun Silvia S14 rice rocket, 85 Peugeot 505 Turbo, 77 Ford Capri.
ollie
4000 rpm

Post by ollie »

Agree - far too quiet, perhaps we've all put them away in the warm for winter now theyre "classic" or maybe theyre just so reliable and dull we've nothing to say........

Mines till in use as fun skip, did a sterling job towing an ugly 24v scorpio back from stoke the other day, 2.5 ton and pulling well. the scorpios not bad either, that'll be 200bhp of cosworths finest waiting to go in the transit van then :roll:

Ollie
docchevron1472
4000 rpm

Post by docchevron1472 »

ollie wrote:Agree - far too quiet, perhaps we've all put them away in the warm for winter now theyre "classic" or maybe theyre just so reliable and dull we've nothing to say........
If only......

Mines in eleventy billion bits, and is likely to stay that way for some time since spare time is rather limited at the mo.
It'll be less holey when it does get finished though...

And so on ad nauseam.
1990 BX 16v Phase 2
1989 BX TD hybrid
1971 BL 350FG Ambulance (unique)
1993 Dennis Lance 132
That's when I reach for my Revolver
Dave
3000 rpm

Post by Dave »

That deserves a thread of it's own :!: A work in progress as to say.
Prefer it to the Lamborghini, like Signor Gandini!
Toddman
Administrator

Still Here!

Post by Toddman »

Sorry for being so quiet guys but rest assured I am keeping an eye on things along with Vanny who is buried in study at the moment.

Sadly 2007 was hectic and I didn't even get my valver on th eroad but that will be sorted this year and April time shall see a new MOT and 6 months tax.

I don't have quite so much free time but even I have notice dour very small number has dropped a little more and things are very quiet at the moment.

Hopefully the weather will start to pick up and once the sun comes back we can gather our troops for a gathering :D

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
cossie
4000 rpm

Post by cossie »

Hi all
I hope to get my valver up and running this year,4 years in the garage is too long! Well she runs,but I have a hydraulic leak that needs sorting,just not got round to it.Then I'll MOT it.
I have just bought me another S-Type Jag,(day car)its the S-Type "R"and by christ does she go.Still got the old 3.0SE,trying to sell that one.
Hope we can get together when I get the old girl on the road.
Cheers
tim leech
7000 rpm

Post by tim leech »

Doc yours has gone in the same places as mine, as youev practiced on yours do you want to practice some more on mine lol
Toddman
Administrator

On the road

Post by Toddman »

cossie wrote:Hi all
I hope to get my valver up and running this year,4 years in the garage is too long! Well she runs,but I have a hydraulic leak that needs sorting,just not got round to it.Then I'll MOT it.
I have just bought me another S-Type Jag,(day car)its the S-Type "R"and by christ does she go.Still got the old 3.0SE,trying to sell that one.
Hope we can get together when I get the old girl on the road.
Cheers
Sounds good Clive - how is Ians valver doing ?
I need to do the cambelt this year been just over 3 years now since the last one.

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
Mike E (uk)
4000 rpm

Post by Mike E (uk) »

Hi all,

My BX is still running and is in use most days.

I have not had anything break on it for a long time, which is nice.

But on very cold days the parcel shelf falls into the boot, which is annoying.

Mike
ed_straker
3000 rpm

Post by ed_straker »

I still use my valver as a daily driver...but it gets more and more complicated (frustrating) to keep it on the road :-(

Already looking for a replacement and keeping it for the summer time 8)

Needs to be done at the mo:
-LHM leak (2 of em)
-some other hydraulics related problem
-gear linkage needs replacement

Am looking for a C4 or the new Lancer :-))
Honda Civic Type S