Maximum crooooze respekt

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
Simran
4000 rpm

Maximum crooooze respekt

Post by Simran »

Hi all, i went to a cruise this evening at the loughborough halfords car park with my leicester halfords work mates, a pretty decent afair, no idiots and just decent people. As i pulled in everyone looked over, half didnt know what the hell i was driving was and the other half loved it, ive never had so much attention before. People driving allsorts came over for a peep! Just shows that the bx in its standard form is more than enough to still get attention amongst imprezas and modded corsas and the like from all types of car enthusiasts, i love how its seen as a cool old school retro car. Smiles all round :D and a respectful nod from drivers as they drove off later on. All would have been ok but the car had to go and show itself up and sprung a leak from somewhere up front which left its mark on the car park :lol:
Ah well, you cant have it all your own way!
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

Nice one simran!
is quite nice to get out and about with other likeminded peeps! and the bx often gets a lot of admiration and comments! normally from puggers who say 'was a real shame to break it as it was a really good car, but i wanted the fun in the 205'! hahah!
may be the car just got a little over excited and had a little leak from no longer being able to contain its self with the appreciation and admiring glances it got!!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

hey simran,
thats kewl! and timmo i second that! its not often you can find groups wit modded cars that are more open minded! not just 17 yr olds in a line of 1.1 saxo's. up here in edinburgh i get alot of attention with the bx in the right company. as u said most peeps dont even know its a citroen but when they see the hydraulics going and the power of it alot of people are impressed.!!! i love it!

cheers rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

1990 BX 16v ph2 (now scrapped)
docchevron1472
4000 rpm

Post by docchevron1472 »

I wish the tossers that cruise round here appreciated the greatness that is a valver.

On the plus side whilst they are sat there revving the knacks off their 1.1 saxo's and Toilet Clio's eating MuckDonalds trying to out do eachother I'm smug in the knowledge my car will murder all of theirs...

Loughborough is a long way to go to a decent cruise though....
1990 BX 16v Phase 2
1989 BX TD hybrid
1971 BL 350FG Ambulance (unique)
1993 Dennis Lance 132
That's when I reach for my Revolver
Toddman
Administrator

cool

Post by Toddman »

Nice one simran always nice to hear that the valver is appreciated by other car enthusiasts :D
Typical valver though springing a leak they like to show you they are the boss LOL!

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
MoRtYMer
3000 rpm

Post by MoRtYMer »

Very nice to know that. :)

Around here you have the 2 sides, the ones that don't know what his car can do, and think it doen't go fast, and its simply a old car, and the ones that know what is under the bonnet, and consider it a classic. I've been in some places what there were the 2 kinds, and its nice to hear that there are people around that know what a great car the valver is.